Celtic vs Aberdeen - 13/09/14

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we were flattered in both home league games v the Dandies last season. The 3-1 game definitely could have gone either way - in fact they hit the post just before 2 incredibly late goals won it. The 5-2 game was much more even than the score suggests, and in any event was one of those end of season matches that was very open.

The Cup tie defeat in February is the big warning for us, although for some reason we never beat Aberdeen at home in the Cup. However, we spectacularly lost the midfield that day, not helped by NL playing 4-2-4, but it really illustrated how much weaker we are in that area since Wanyama and Ledley left. And now, we can't even call on Broonie. If RD plays 4-2-3-1, then I am worried we'll be overrun in the middle.

Will be good to see a couple of the new signings, but it will be their debuts so best not to expect too much, and if we're toiling in midfield, then at least we can call on van Dyke or Denayer to supplement the midfield. I know Mulgrew has had a lot of stick from the fans, but I thought he played the midfield anchor very well against Germany. Perhaps sitting in front of the back 4 is better for him, but doubt RD would want to play that way.

Plenty of goals for sure, but a good time to get us as well.

Ok, here's the personal challenge. I'm flying out from Bangkok on Friday morning and plan to be at the game. Taking the 11:20 to London Heathrow, which is due to land at 17:35, but due to several zig-zags around war zones, is pretty well guaranteed to be late. The connection to Glasgow is at 18:50, which is mega-tight to get through passport control. Needless to say, the airline are obliged to put me on a later flight, but it's Friday night and the planes are usually full of commuting Jocks. That would mean staying at an airport hotel and catching a red eye on Saturday morning, which is just about manageable for a 12:45 kick off.

Assuming I get to the game ok, I'd appreciate being woke up when there's a goal.

Naw mate you might wanna puch me if I woke you if Aberdeen scored first. :P

Hoping for a shock, but fairly glum about the season so far.

Not hoping for a shock. I want to win.

A bit worried about our defence without Anderson or a left back but I've been singularly unimpressed with what I've seen of Cellic so far.

They've now got a defender who made no secret of his desire to leave and a forward who didn't want to sign until it was his last option.

All good. :lol:

Anything less than a Dons victory is unthinkable.

Now back to the bong.

That always fucking made me go mental at times when Lennon thought we had strength and depth that was never ever there in the first place. Martin O'Neil & Strachan to a point always played players who were part of a winning side and made it difficult for others to break through if the squad was that good, mainly changes in the squad came from injuries and bans and the returning player had to fight back to get their place in the starting 11.

At the moment it appears that Delia is doing a Mowbary by placing all the players names into a lucky draw bag and pulling them out at random ???, he should stick with the squad that wins 5 nil the game before and go forward from there.

I always found that to be a strength and to totally contradict myself here, a weakness of the MON's teams. Aye it's a good thing to keep the same team as often as possible, but sometimes I felt that one or two players who would have a drop in form, would still get into the team purely because they were always in the team.

I always found that to be a strength and to totally contradict myself here, a weakness of the MON's teams. Aye it's a good thing to keep the same team as often as possible, but sometimes I felt that one or two players who would have a drop in form, would still get into the team purely because they were always in the team.

The mark of a great manager, bench players who look like they are going into a bad patch and fielding those who are hungry to impress. Some players like Commons or a Gascoigne you can play knowing for 80 minutes they are a passenger and then BAMM they show some sublime moves and score on a whim or get the squad motivated to play like Champions decimating the opposition.

Superstars are cnuts until they show periods of genius and will always get a game just because they can change a game in a flash. :lol:

Gascoigne?

Paul Gascoigne?

Kris Commons and Paul Gascoigne?

Are you fucking mental?

Players who can change a game and not a similarity in quality ffs. Commons on his day can be a wonder to watch and others you just want to sub him before the kick off.

Naw, Lawwell

In the GB's head anyway

To be replaced by David "for every fiver" Murray. Now that guy knows how to splash the cash!

My application for Celtic manager has been submitted to Peters personal e-mail account, I await the mandatory "FCUK OFF" :)

Can I be your assistant? I'm better looking than Collins & I've a cracking six pack!

Id expect the girodome to be about a third empty and the crowd to be listed as 50,000

Hopefuly the Celtic fans can desist from breaking seats and pishing in the concourses, oh sorry they only do that away from home

Also lets hope the Aberdeen fans can restrain themselves from racially abusing Celtic's black players.

You're an idiot.

Archived