the_team_for_me

Group B
BIH.pngBosnia and Herzegovina
BEL.pngBelgium
ISR.pngIsrael
WAL.pngWales
CYP.pngCyprus
AND.pngAndorra

I think wales may have a chance here. they have a good young squad with plenty of confidence. Bale and Ramsey are on fire and are still relatively young .

if they pull of a good few results interest will go through the roof. the welsh are only interested in international football if they are doing well. Under mark Hughes for 3 years solid they had the highest average attendance of any European national side with 70,000 and were so close to qualifying. Not bad for a country with not much more than half the population of scotland.

I think they can do it this time. there's a good feel about the place for the first time since Garry speed tragically died.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the best chance they've had for a long time but just can't see it. Like many nations, Wales will be relying a lot on a select few individuals who if for and on form for most of the campaign, can do the business.

Bosnia are a quality side and now they've managed to make a major finals after a few close cigar moments, they'll be hungry for more. Not totally sure about Israel but that's what I reckon will stand between Wales and 3rd.

Best the Welsh can hope for is 3rd place and a generous draw in the playoffs (should their form get them there).

aye, i forgot the Scot's think they are superior to the welsh while complaining about the English claiming to be superior to Scotland.

I personally don't mind Wales. At an absolute push I'd prefer Wales to not qualify but I really, really wouldn't mind if they did.

Scotland and Ireland coming 2nd and 3rd in no particular order and the 3rd placed side beating Wales in the play-off would be unbelievable Dale Carricks though.

Wales apart from Gareth Bale are fucking terrible, they have a long history of dreadful sides with one or two stars giving them a false position of being a decent side, in the 80's it was Rush and Hughes the rest were dross.

Followed by Giggs and Bellamy in the late 90's and early noughties and now Bale and Ramsay surrounded by pish.

Fourth would be a realistic and decent finish for an average side at best

Wales apart from Gareth Bale are fucking terrible, they have a long history of dreadful sides with one or two stars giving them a false position of being a decent side, in the 80's it was Rush and Hughes the rest were dross.

Followed by Giggs and Bellamy in the late 90's and early noughties and now Bale and Ramsay surrounded by pish.

Southall was one of the best goalkeepers in the 80s tbf.

Williams, Ledley, Allen and one of Taylor or Davies would all be Scotland regulars if they were Scottish.

Ledley? Behave, squad player.

I'm not saying they'd all start every game (although Ashley Williams would be a certain starter for Scotland imo), just that they'd appear reasonably regularly. I think Ledley is better than quite a few of the midfielders you're taking to Germany, although obviously injuries are a factor in that.

I wouldnt say any of them would be a regular or guarenteed start for Scotland, much of a similar standard to guys like Berra, Snodgrass, Maloney etc

Like I said, when I say regular I mean that they'd all be picking up caps quite frequently rather than be certain starters. Have to disagree with you on one point though, Ashley Williams would absolutely play every single game for Scotland. He's miles better than Berra.

I went out with a Welsh lassie at Uni back in the day

Dirty as f**k, both in bed and in general hygiene terms, and thats fae a Lochee laddie :D

The team are a bit annoying, Bale is some player aye but rapidly morphing into Beckham doing daft TV ads and wearing silly clothes and stupid haircuts

Also the wee guy Allen at Liverpool, utterly over rated, dont see how he is so highly rated, Ramsay and Ledley are good players mind

27 Mar 1985 Scotland v Wales W 0-1 FIFA World Cup

10 Sep 1985 Wales v Scotland D 1-1 FIFA World Cup

27 May 1997 Scotland v Wales W 0-1 International

18 Feb 2004 Wales v Scotland W 4-0 International

14 Nov 2009 Wales v Scotland W 3-0 International

25 May 2011 Wales v Scotland L 1-3 Nations Cup

12 Oct 2012 Wales v Scotland W 2-1 FIFA World Cup

22 Mar 2013 Scotland v Wales W 1-2FIFA World Cup

8 games since 85, wales have won 6, scotland 1 and 1 draw. :)

Archived