Wales EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING CAMPAIGN

the_team_for_me

wont catch this fish jockies :)wales have pished all over your tartan quite often the last few years. no bad for a country 1/4 the size and 1/2 the population who dont even like football. ;)

You mean like the time you had your best ever team, we had one of our worst managed by Craig Levein, and we still finished above you?

Wales, like Northern Ireland and Ireland have forever been in Scotlands shadows as footballing nations - both in club and international football. Continue to look up in wonder.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean like the time you had your best ever team, we had one of our worst managed by Craig Levein, and we still finished above you?

Wales, like Northern Ireland and Ireland have forever been in Scotlands shadows as footballing nations - both in club and international football. Continue to look up in wonder.

:lol: make you feel good aye? :lol:

:lol: make you feel good aye? :lol:

Well it's true though isn't it? Us drawing 0-0 at home to Serbia was considered a bad result, you lost 6-1 to the same Serbia side....

Because of Wales' population it can never consistently be as good as Scotland, it's hardly you're fault, just the way things are.

wont catch this fish jockies :) wales have pished all over your tartan quite often the last few years. no bad for a country 1/4 the size and 1/2 the population who dont even like football. ;)

Whilst Supras has the troll game perfected with his constant chat about Scotland being a great football nation, there's a legitimate point in his post.

In the last campaign Wales beat Scotland twice, and you had guys like Micky Thomas and Robbie Savage acting Bertie Big Balls about it, talking down Scotland as "the worst Scotland side ever". Then this worst Scotland team ever turned around and finished ahead of this fantastic, world beating Wales team. What an embarrassment.

You're right that Wales have dominated recent Scotland v Wales fixtures, but these things happen in football, it's called having a bogey team. Wales may be fantastic at utterly shit sports like rugby, but they've never been better than Scotland at football.

Whilst Supras has the troll game perfected with his constant chat about Scotland being a great football nation, there's a legitimate point in his post.

In the last campaign Wales beat Scotland twice, and you had guys like Micky Thomas and Robbie Savage acting Bertie Big Balls about it, talking down Scotland as "the worst Scotland side ever". Then this worst Scotland team ever turned around and finished ahead of this fantastic, world beating Wales team. What an embarrassment.

You're right that Wales have dominated recent Scotland v Wales fixtures, but these things happen in football, it's called having a bogey team. Wales may be fantastic at utterly shit sports like rugby, but they've never been better than Scotland at football.

It's indeed actually a good point. I had never really noticed, given that anything outside of the top 2 is pretty much nowhere, but I just assumed Wales had finished above us given they beat us twice when we were shit. It's great for them that they beat us, but I'd be worried that a team you had a six point head start on still managed to finish ahead of you when you're off saying how great you are.

For me, I'd hope they'd do well as long as they're not in direct competition with Scotland, as I would with every home nation, plus I've got friends of Welsh descent, with Welsh family. But from the experience of being down in Cardiff, there's also a fair proportion of fans that I would be delighted to see disappointed in around 13 months time.

Wales, Nothern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland have all got further in a World Cup than Scotland ever have or ever will. ;)

Under mark Hughes for 3 years solid they had the highest average attendance of any European national side with 70,000 and were so close to qualifying.

Here's a list of the attendances for every home match under Mark Hughes. Please feel free to point out the "3 years solid" spell where your average attendance was 70,000. Did you maybe mean "3 games solid"?

Competitive matches are in bold.

5,064 - Wales 0-2 Switzerland (9/10/99)

65,614 - Wales 1-2 Finland (29/3/00)

71,495 - Wales 0-3 Brazil (23/5/00)

53,360 - Wales 1-1 Norway (7/10/00)

49,847 - Wales 1-1 Ukraine (28/3/01)

48,500 - Wales 1-2 Poland (2/6/01)

20,000 - Wales 0-0 Armenia (1/9/01)

10,201 - Wales 1-0 Belarus (6/10/01)

61,738 - Wales 1-1 Argentina (13/2/02)

21,209 - Wales 1-1 Czech Republic (27/3/02)

36,059 - Wales 1-0 Germany (14/5/02)

72,500 - Wales 2-1 Italy (16/10/02)

22,000 - Wales 2-2 Bosnia-Herz. (12/2/03)

73,500 - Wales 4-0 Azerbaijan (29/3/03)

73,411 - Wales 1-1 Finland (10/9/03)

72,514 - Wales 2-3 Serbia & Montenegro (11/10/03)

73,062 - Wales 0-1 Russia (19/11/03)

47,124 - Wales 4-0 Scotland (18/2/04)

10,805 - Wales 1-0 Canada (30/5/04)

63,500 - Wales 2-2 Northern Ireland (8/9/04)

58,685 - Wales 2-3 Poland (13/10/04)

--------Mark Hughes leaves----------------

16,672 - Wales 2-0 Hungary (9/2/05)

47,760 - Wales 0-2 Austria (26/2/05)

11,807 - Wales 0-0 Slovenia (17/8/05)

70,715 - Wales 0-1 England (3/9/05)

32,628 - Wales 2-0 Azerbaijan (12/10/05)

Wales, Nothern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland have all got further in a World Cup than Scotland ever have or ever will. ;)

Scotland who have won more than double the number of Home Championships as these three nations put together?

Archived