Hibernians Flag Club v Cowdenbeath Football Club

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowden went forward well in the second half. Lewis Milne is a good player Was a definite pen for us I'd say. Heffernan up top on his own :lol: f**k sake Stubbs get that shit sorted out.

Lastly.

#beanz

Thought lewis milne bottled it abit with a great chance before higgins hit the bar but he is a good player.

The first half was a very familiar strory for Cowden of late. Turgid, lacking in ambition and negative in outlook. Lots of little passes with no threat on goal at all. Expected the same from us in the 2nd but was pleasantly surprised to see us have a go and put Hibs on the back foot. When we went 2-1 up and hit the bar I just knew somehow that it wouldn't work out for us. To lose so deep into added time was a right kick in the baws but you just saw it coming.

Please can we continue to show some of the adventure we saw in the second 45 Jimmy ? If we go down fighting at least we can say we gave it a good go. Also what the hell is this stupid nonsense about dropping Flynn yet again? Chopping and changing keepers just doesn't work as we have already seen.

Pleased with the effort we put in and think we deserved a point. Enjoyed my day out and impressed by the stadium which wasn't fully redeveloped the last time I visited.

1st half we were atrocious. What planet is JN on???? If that's the way he wants us to play then somebody please tell him to walk now and give someone else a chance!

Hibs were rank and we allowed them to gain in confidence by sitting well off them.

Gallagher was like Greg Stewart with pace and was terrifying the Hibs defence, just for JN to take him off. Johnston looked good when he came on, but he had poor support.

We had them on the run when we pushed up, but threw it away with negative tactics.

Also, why does Campbell get a game??

Two good goals scored by Cowden and I think Oyenuga could have a decent future in the game - kept causing Hibs players bother with his upper body strength, acceleration and good timing in tackles. Looked a much better team when showing attacking ambition in the second half than whatever that one up front and nobody supporting setup was in the first half.

Being a fan of one of the country's most rule-abiding teams, I was shocked at how late the kick-off was.,

1st half we were atrocious. What planet is JN on???? If that's the way he wants us to play then somebody please tell him to walk now and give someone else a chance!

Hibs were rank and we allowed them to gain in confidence by sitting well off them.

Gallagher was like Greg Stewart with pace and was terrifying the Hibs defence, just for JN to take him off. Johnston looked good when he came on, but he had poor support.

We had them on the run when we pushed up, but threw it away with negative tactics.

Also, why does Campbell get a game??

Campbell has to play as kenny needs an operation. We have no other left sided players. No worse than anyone else in first half today.

Gallagher was good second half. He wasn't interested first half. He has some serious pace though.

Campbell has to play as kenny needs an operation. We have no other left sided players. No worse than anyone else in first half today.

Gallagher was good second half. He wasn't interested first half. He has some serious pace though.

I would take anyone in his place. As for Gallagher, the formation in the first half did not help. He was still doing better than most. We do need to be a bit quicker at closing attackers down though. Hibs will do nothing this season if that is how they normally play. As for us, if we play next week like that first half we will get trounced.

Very disappointing. After a poor first half we had a go and almost stole the points. You just new Hibs would get a penalty and if they had missed it they would have got another one.

Thought the three loan players had good games. The lad from United ran himself into the ground. He was playing left back too!

Fraser looks a class act, very impressed. After the two lads were subbed we had no threat.

Flynn had a poor game against the Rovers but I would have played him today.

Hibs were good at passing the ball from side to side but not much else. Their defence and their keeper don't look too clever.

Their No23 was rightly man of the match though.

It was a clear pen. Foster got help back, could see it from the west. I think his reaction was what got the Linesman flagging. He was going utter apeshit, smashing his fists on the pitch etc. I actually thought the ref was coming back to book him. We had a earlier shout that was not one for me.

Is that how it works? Go mental and the lino gives you a penalty. Will have to tell Jimmy that so he can train the boys.

Like i said i didn't see the incident at all from the other end of the ground but surely the ref was in a better position than the lino. Typical that the only time in scottish football this season a lino will make a decision and it goes against us.

ETA like someone said earlier our players were incensed and surrounded the ref. We're too nice and I've never seen Cowden players do that before so they must have felt well hard done by.

Archived