Royal Baby 2

cults_sheep

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29108010

Coincidence that they announce this as YES takes the lead? I think not.

Clear attempt to bury the headlines.

Yes. Absolute certainty that they conceived to time any announcement with the Scottish referendum. Probably put off buying a pregnancy testing kit for a few days to wait until the last poll was released.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29108010

Coincidence that they announce this as YES takes the lead? I think not.

Clear attempt to bury the headlines.

Sorry, but this is just a completely ridiculous statement.

Regarding the Royals though, do you think that Scots would embrace them more in an iScotland with plans to keep the Queen as head of state? I wonder since I recently spoke to a Canadian girl who said that Canada went nuts over the last royal baby, much more than Scotland. Is this because Scots often have a link between anti-UK and anti-Royalist whereas Canada sees it as the one thing that keeps them part of the Commonwealth / a fundamental difference from the Americans South of their border?

Sorry, but this is just a completely ridiculous statement.

Regarding the Royals though, do you think that Scots would embrace them more in an iScotland with plans to keep the Queen as head of state? I wonder since I recently spoke to a Canadian girl who said that Canada went nuts over the last royal baby, much more than Scotland. Is this because Scots often have a link between anti-UK and anti-Royalist whereas Canada sees it as the one thing that keeps them part of the Commonwealth / a fundamental difference from the Americans South of their border?

Also west of their border, unless Alaska is a hot bed of royalists.

Also west of their border, unless Alaska is a hot bed of royalists.

Aye, alright, you win.

Has anybody here ever been to Alaska though? I've seen no evidence that it actually exists other than a mention in the Simpsons Movie.

Aye, alright, you win.

Has anybody here ever been to Alaska though? I've seen no evidence that it actually exists other than a mention in the Simpsons Movie.

It's next to Russia so Sarah Palin can keep an eye on them. She's our own wee Ruth Davidson ready to nuke those pesky Russians at the drop of a hat.

Something else: Do you think a general Scottish perception of "who gives a flying fcuk" during the imminent royal media meltdown will help the Yes campaign in that people will realise a dissociation with the rest of the UK over this?

Or is it more likely to highlight a sense of togetherness over the issue? Or will it make no difference as an iScotland would most likely remain part of the Commonwealth?

That speech bubble really should say, "I will never need to pay for anything in my life, and people who are living in poverty will contribute to my unearned wealth", although maybe not quite as snappy.

Or "im leaving you " but " im pregnant" aye doll oldest trick in the book

Regarding the Royals though, do you think that Scots would embrace them more in an iScotland with plans to keep the Queen as head of state?

I suspect Scotland's opinions of the royals will sweeten slightly when we're no longer fucking paying for them.

Archived