Referendum night. Expected results

~~~

Any time there's a normal election the BBC news channel has a live ticker at the bottom of the screen updating it with how many parties have seats. Hopefully they do something similar with numbers or percentages, I don't think I've seen a special programme like this (it starts at 10:35 on Thursday night, hosted by David Dimbleby who is surely too old to be up that late) purely just for a referendum but it'd be a missed opportunity for them if there isn't a live tracker of the results.

Is that a bloody joke?

They'll have hundreds of tickers, graphs, 3d graphics, swooshing sound effects etc they always do.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kevthedee, on 12 Sept 2014 - 22:32, said:

Think we should bin the vote seeing as pie and bovril have declared the result as yes +100% no -100%

Are you braindead!? Actually embarrassed to support the same club as you. I don't know if you simply have a shite agenda, are a shite wind-up or genuinely believe what you type (Which would make you mentally ill, if so I apologise) but mon tae f**k with your slaverings.

Is Falkirk really that strong? Surprised by that in all honesty.

Don't think it necessarily correlates with SNP support, because areas like Moray have a lot of tactical voting going on. Suspect in general (and the opinion poll breakdowns I have seen have been backing this up) that the Yes side will do a bit better in the central belt than in rural areas as happened in 1997 with devolution, so it boils down to which parts of the central belt will be strongest on that. With Clackmannanshire and Falkirk, the Tories are thin on the ground and the LOL/Rangers thing isn't as strong (this is more true of Clackmannanshire) as it is in the west and in West Lothian was my rationale.

Is it 10 pin bowling? I've not played that for decades but if it is you can be really aggressive and get any pent up frustration out of your system.

Imagine the pins are people you don't like.

Having read that maybes it's just as well I don't bowl.

Are you allowed to kick shit out if them now?

Aberdeen will vote No. This'll be the c. 60/40 Scottish contingent combined with the huge 10/90 yes/no from the large rUK contingent.

Hopefully the rest of Scotland will do the rest of the nation proud but I can see it being really squeaky bum time stuff for both sets of supporters.

4/10 sounds about right for Aberdeen based on my experience. I'd say, of all the people I know, No is probably slightly in front, but most of them are middle class types who are quite happy to hold what they have. Hopefully the more working class areas are hugely in favour because Yes won't win here otherwise. There's also a fair few English people and they're all No apart from one. If Yes holds a small lead and Aberdeen is the last to declare then I'll be shitting it.

On a wider point, what I'm most concerned about is the number of undecideds who are genuinely clueless about the issues. My gut feeling is they'll tip the balance in favour of No, but I'm a pessimistic shithouse.

Surprised Edinburgh's a no - we do have a lot of no voters but I've seen an awful lot of Yes support.

I do think Edinburgh will return a No but I'm seeing the same as you - at least here in Marchmont.

As far as #Perthshire goes, it's probably a stick-on No vote; although I can see the City itself being close.

I've decked out my car in YES signs. I'm going to Dundee tonight actually so look out for the YESmobile :D

Were you driving up the Kingsway at the back of 8 or is there another nutter out there?

Ps all those no thanks signs on the Perth to Dundee rd are courtesy of lady kinnaird and not the poor b*****d farmers scraping a living off her estate.

I'd be shocked if Edinburgh wasn't a No as well tbh. All the screaming ya's and those working in financial services will be strongly No.

And just like Aberdeen, there will be a lot of people doing quite well who don't want to rock the boat.

I get the feeling South Lanarkshire will be very, very close.

Trust me it is either side can win here. For every yes sign there's a no thanks one to combat it. In Hamilton the kids from the school tear down the yes posters which is very pleasing.

Trust me it is either side can win here. For every yes sign there's a no thanks one to combat it. In Hamilton the kids from the school tear down the yes posters which is very pleasing.

See if it is a yes vote. I can't wait to see your raging tears posts.

Archived