Scotland heading for a 'Great Depression' after a Yes vote.

Bill.

As I am off on holiday for the rest of the week and out all day Friday celebrating the fact that NO has won and we are still part of this glorious union, id just like to say before I go:

Alex Mugabe, Davie Sturgeon and all the other YES fantasists, get it right roond ye !

God bless all you NO voters and congratulations on being on the right side, the winning side

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I am off on holiday for the rest of the week and out all day Friday celebrating the fact that NO has won and we are still part of this glorious union, id just like to say before I go:

Alex Mugabe, Davie Sturgeon and all the other YES fantasists, get it right roond ye !

God bless all you NO voters and congratulations on being on the right side, the winning side

Davie Sturgeon

:lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/scottish-independence-commerzbank-says-worst-case-economic-scenarios-exaggerated-9733904.html

Days after Deutsche Bank reignited the Scottish “no” campaign with terrifying fears that a vote for independence would plunge Scotland back into a 1930s style depression, a rival German financial giant, Commerzbank, has said such speculation has been overdone.

The bank’s economists declared today that “some of the worst case scenarios painted in recent days appear exaggerated,” and provided evidence that Scottish shares have actually outperformed those of the UK as a whole this year, rather than registered any major collapse.

Of course this didn't make the front page of the Daily Record.

The only "great depression" there will be in Scotland if Yes wins will be over the likes of Dougie Alexander, Jim Murphy, Ian Davidson, etc at the knowledge they're about to lose what they thought was a cushy Westminster job for life & a fat pension on the back of the reflex Labour vote (Murphy is already being investigated again for another expenses "mistake").

It will grow even greater knowing they're faced with the choice of trying to get selected for Parliamentary seats down south (where they're likely to be as welcome as an outbreak of ebola), or trying to get into Holyrood against established Labour MSPs most of whom will be in no mood to stand aside just at the point the Scottish Parliament gets some real clout.

Archived