Dundee: What's it like..

DA Baracus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna try buy myself a flat here too next year, any recommendations on where would be best to buy? Not got much to spend at all tbh will just be buying myself and probably looking in the region 60-80k. Where'd be best for buying and then selling on after, asking everybody in work and people I know but p and b is always good for a bit of knowledge ;)

Probably get a decent 2bd flat on Victoria Road for 70K with work needed done to it, it can rent to students for £550pm, sell for about £100k

I suppose it depends on how much space you need and how long you plan to live there really. 80k would get you a 2 bed flat in plenty of areas near town if that's a factor, or a nicer 1 bed somewhere. That budget may be pushing it a bit for the 'desirable west end' though.

Cheers, and thanks Marr1 and other lads too.

I've looked on TSPC which seems to be good for a rough idea of area/price. Seen plenty of nice 1/2 bedroom flats up around Victoria Road/Forebank/Brown Constable/West Lyon area and sort if thinking about something up there. Looking for something with a decent walking distance into the town as I work right in the centre so would be superb to pick something up like that.

I saw a 1 bedroom on Perth Road recently, 80k, would love to have that but just think I might be limiting myself if I wanted to sell on again atleast if I had a 2 bedroom families etc could look at it. 1 bed sort of pushing it to couples only territory. But think it would be absolutely superb having a place on the Perth Road, would probably try and keep it and rent it in future tbh.

Hopefully the waterfront lives up to the hype so that in future it may be worth a good bit more. Bet the people who picked up the flats at the Quay will be rubbing their hands together at the thought of the redeveloped waterfront!

f**k getting a one bedroom flat, it's a waste of time unless you plan on renting it out in the future. You're best to get a two bedroom flat as you obviously don't know what the future holds for yourself e.g. burd, bairn etc.

I have a nosey on tspc quite a lot and I've seen quite reasonable flats between 70-100k. There's the government help to buy scheme aswel but I'm pretty sure 2015 budget is maxed out. c***s exploiting it to buy a flat then rent it out.

Archived