The difference betwen Yes and No

Confidemus

I feel this is more than worthy of it's own thread.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/we-are-not-afraid/#more-61705

We are not afraid

Alert readers will remember that Gordon Brown, who is apparently some sort of former politician, has recently been spreading the completely baseless scare story that Scots would no longer receive organ transplants or blood transfusions from other people in the UK (and vice versa) in the event of independence.

Last night, not long after the Orange Order had marched in the streets of Edinburgh with “NO POPERY” banners, a young woman with a life-limiting illness called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency climbed the face of Edinburgh Castle with oxygen strapped to her back and tubes up her nose. (The only cure for A1AD is a double lung transplant.)

This is what she did there.

climber1.jpg

climber2.jpg

climber3.jpg

And this was her message to Gordon Brown:

We have nothing to add to it.

climber4.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not into the whole social media thing, but I think this needs to be shared. All of you who have Facebook, Twitter and whatever else the young uns use, get this out there.

Some positivity amongst all the crushing negativity is exactly what's needed.

Crushing negativity? Nothing compared to how you'll feel on Friday Confi!

It's not like a spineless, shameful No voter to try and neg out a positive, inspiring story.

I wish I was where you are when the result comes through so I can lol at your bitter salty tears.

Haven't you got a scare story to concoct somewhere?

Tick tock, non Scot.

Don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you'd like to explain.

inspire
ɪnˈspʌɪə/
verb
  1. 1.
    fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
    "his philosophy inspired a later generation of environmentalists"
  2. 2.
    breathe in (air); inhale.
    "they can expand their lungs and inspire enough gas to satisfy oxygen requirements"

inspire

ɪnˈspʌɪə/

verb

fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.

"his philosophy inspired a later generation of environmentalists"

breathe in (air); inhale.

"they can expand their lungs and inspire enough gas to satisfy oxygen requirements"

It's a pity that some regular P&B posters constant use of puns cause folk to look for things that aren't there. There was no pun intended and I would apologise if I thought there was any thing to apologise for, which there isn't.

It an inspiring, uplifting story.

This courageous person's act which is intended to be an inspiration to anyone on both sides of the referendum debate has been used by Confidemus to point score.

interestingly Gordon Brown is someone who I have no time for and he's of the same ilk as Salmond; a nasty low down politician. However one of them won't be of any political relevance anymore........or is that both of them?

However all plaudits should go to this wonderful human being and I'm sure that any praise given to this thread excludes people like Confidemus who are the very opposite of what her actions are all about.

This courageous person's act which is intended to be an inspiration to anyone on both sides of the referendum debate has been used by Confidemus to point score.

interestingly Gordon Brown is someone who I have no time for and he's of the same ilk as Salmond; a nasty low down politician. However one of them won't be of any political relevance anymore........or is that both of them?

However all plaudits should go to this wonderful human being and I'm sure that any praise given to this thread excludes people like Confidemus who are the very opposite of what her actions are all about.

:lol:

If I didn't feel sorry for you I may have been upset with the above.

It's absolutely accurate and you should feel disgusted with yourself.

Let's examine your first sentence, shall we?

"This courageous person's act which is intended to be an inspiration to anyone on both sides of the referendum debate has been used by Confidemus to point score."

Yes she's courageous. Undoubtedly so. No, it is not intended to be an inspiration to anyone on both sides of the debate. It is about an incredibly brave girl who has simply had enough of the lies and fear coming from No and decided to make a stand and deliver a fantastic message of hope. I merely thought it was worth repeating and how it highlight's the difference between No's fear and negativity and the Yes message of optimism and hope.

Now, as she is worth a trillion of you, I won't ruin this thread by responding to any more of you bile. Take your blinkered hate elsewhere, son.

Close but no cigar.

Let's examine your first sentence, shall we?

"This courageous person's act which is intended to be an inspiration to anyone on both sides of the referendum debate has been used by Confidemus to point score."

Yes she's courageous. Undoubtedly so. No, it is not intended to be an inspiration to anyone on both sides of the debate. It is about an incredibly brave girl who has simply had enough of the lies and fear coming from No and decided to make a stand and deliver a fantastic message of hope. I merely thought it was worth repeating and how it highlight's the difference between No's fear and negativity and the Yes message of optimism and hope.

Now, as she is worth a trillion of you, I won't ruin this thread by responding to any more of you bile. Take your blinkered hate elsewhere, son.

Incredible. Your OP was full of venom and bitterness and selfless human beings like this don't want enmity and division. She might favour a Yes vote but I'd say she's a decent person. You're not!

That's the difference between what Salmond and Darling this morning described as that microcosm of individuals - YOU'RE ONE OF THEM. The rest of us agree to disagree.

Check the irony meter on your last line - thought projection of the first order. I'm certain that people from either side of the debate want to stand as far away from you as possible.

The point you fail to see completely and obviously never read is SHE was making the point, by scaling the rocks, that SHE will not be put off by the scare tactics by BT..Not Confi..

Hence the quote “You may have scared me and my family for a short time but as is the pattern from Westminster, your lies were uncovered and you failed to capture me in your disgusting web of deceit.“

How blinkered are you...?

The point you fail to see completely and obviously never read is SHE was making the point, by scaling the rocks, that SHE will not be put off by the scare tactics by BT..Not Confi..

Hence the quote “You may have scared me and my family for a short time but as is the pattern from Westminster, your lies were uncovered and you failed to capture me in your disgusting web of deceit.“

How blinkered are you...?

Correct. I GENUINELY fear for Banterous.

Archived