Takeover at Somerset

Or actually open his mouth and tell us long term plans.

Some positive plans for the future(if he has any) would put Cameron under pressure

What's the etiquette for this? Would he be allowed to host a meeting with fans to outline his intentions without it upsetting Cameron?

Where is it he's making these controversial statements ? The papers I assume

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never going to happen when the main creditor would be the owner.

completely incorrect way of looking at it also IMO, Ayr and their fans can be proud they haven't cheated the system in order to chase the dream, Ayr are a real football club.

I don't think pride really comes into it. Were the Hearts, Dunfermline, Dundee and Livi fans ashamed? Maybe initially when they had the begging buckets out.

But that's soon forgotten, and the spending continues.

I don't think their attendances have been affected by fans too ashamed to go. If anything the crowds would get bigger initially after the clubs survived their administration period and the fans are so proud to have a team to support.

completely incorrect way of looking at it also IMO, Ayr and their fans can be proud they haven't cheated the system in order to chase the dream, Ayr are a real football club.

Main creditor at Dunfermline was owner Gavin Masteron and we went into Administration he was owed £10.75 Million with £742,000 of other debt

Main creditor at Dunfermline was owner Gavin Masteron and we went into Administration he was owed £10.75 Million with £742,000 of other debt

dmkeenan85 should have said 'unlikely'.

vikingTON is partly correct, Barr's time has left a Legacy. But with nothing 'written off' we can at least hold our heads high in the murky water that is Scottish football.

Just out of Interest, what are Morton's debt levels, and what is Mr. Rae's exit strategy.

Our away record was very good under Shiels, particularly after the cup final (which is basically the complete opposite of what you were suggesting). There were certainly grumbles about his position in the months leading up to the cup final, but our league form was every bit as responsible for him winning over the support (we beat Rangers home and away in the league, picked up wins at Tynecastle and Easter Road and generally performed well in the second half of that season).

Killie's performances in the league were entirely unspectacular under Shiels. We were never very consistent, but we were always capable of pulling off big results, and we never went on any lengthy losing streaks.

You definitely haven't remembered that correctly. Our away record was very good under Shiels, particularly after the cup final (which is basically the complete opposite of what you were suggesting).

Killie's performances in the league were entirely unspectacular under Shiels. We were never very consistent, but we were always capable of pulling off big results, and we never went on any lengthy losing streaks.

Lets look at his start at Killie

2 April 2011 - 5 November 2011

22 Games - 19 points

I'm going to put this out here before you know who chips in more names. Danny Lennon and Derek Adams both moaned about being sent to Ayr on loan during their playing days therefore not viable contenders. Winning a cup can paper over the cracks of how shite they are.

Think of it this way. If you attract your so called big managers they will command a larger wage, which ultimately affects playing wage. You can bang on about these guys forever but I would rather have a manger who is ambitious, starting out and willing to spill guts for Ayr. I can't see it from the mentioned names so far.

First things first

We as fans want a takeover

The chairman wants a takeover

There is someone who wants to takeover

Where is the problem?

Those who want him to be paying us lip service and are having a moan about him having a moan at some supporters need to ask themselves this - what is the alternative?

I just don't see one

The club has been up for sale for how long?

Don't see a queue of buyers out there for scottish clubs

BITE HIS HAND OFF

Our away record was very good under Shiels, particularly after the cup final (which is basically the complete opposite of what you were suggesting). There were certainly grumbles about his position in the months leading up to the cup final, but our league form was every bit as responsible for him winning over the support (we beat Rangers home and away in the league, picked up wins at Tynecastle and Easter Road and generally performed well in the second half of that season).

Here is a wee link to jog your memory of "King" Kenny's time at Kilmarnock

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1455&comp_id=12&teamTabs=results

First things first

We as fans want a takeover

The chairman wants a takeover

There is someone who wants to takeover

Where is the problem?

Those who want him to be paying us lip service and are having a moan about him having a moan at some supporters need to ask themselves this - what is the alternative?

I just don't see one

The club has been up for sale for how long?

Don't see a queue of buyers out there for scottish clubs

BITE HIS HAND OFF

Roy Kennedy, local businessman, owned a growing company, appeared in the press looking to take over publicly.......we've been here before

Grumbled at the lack of progress, complained Cameron wouldn't sell him it for a pound like he bought it for......gave up because it was going to cost him real money

Went bankrupt, buggered off

Thanks to Cameron the club dodged a bullet, Clarke should be under no illusion that he'll lose money owning Ayr so if there is any due diligence done it is by Cameron on Clarke to make sure his intentions are good.

Cameron knew sod all about running a football club but was largely prudent, we don't want to be in a situation where we have someone who is clueless on both counts in charge of the club.

Lets look at his start at Killie

2 April 2011 - 5 November 2011

22 Games - 19 points

The post was about how his cup success masked poor form in the league. That spell came 6 months before his cup success - by the time we won the cup he had kicked on and we were doing pretty well in the league.

The 3-0 win against Partick Thistle is probably a highlight

That was two weeks ago under Allan Johnston.

"Shug" was telling me who you are and I can't wait to see your face in the next couple of weeks ! Let's just say I hope you enjoy your final game at Somerset when he takes over , because if it's not your final game you might just find yourself centre stage being publicly humiliated at Somerset.

What the f**k does any of this even mean?

And by the way if this is you representing Shug and threatening real fans then you and Shug can both go and f**k yourselves. Our club isn't some plaything for a bunch of chancers.

"Shug" was telling me who you are and I can't wait to see your face in the next couple of weeks ! Let's just say I hope you enjoy your final game at Somerset when he takes over , because if it's not your final game you might just find yourself centre stage being publicly humiliated at Somerset.

Hiya Hugh Clark! Hiya Pal!

WTF you can go walk and not bother coming back in. Threatening fans on a forum makes you a real big man. Handing out football banning orders via a fans forum whilst hiding behind a moniker on p & b. What a c**t you are!

Hello Shug.

I'm currently boycotting Somerset, have done for a while now.

Your "takeover" would merely strengthen my resolve to support from afar. Hope it works out mind ye, I still like my away games. Night night.

Archived