Takeover at Somerset

Aye, but Kenny fucking Shiels? I know he lived in Norn Iron, but was it underneath a large, radio-proof rock?

I see the club Twitter says Cameron has a big piece in the Post today.

He was sponsoring Killie as far as I know.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go further, my worry is he's struggling and trying to create the public impression of someone who is doing well. He's trying quite a bit too hard in my view and, yeah, there has been far too much said in public. To be honest, he's getting far too involved in matters Ayr Utd that he has no right to. Aye, he's started putting in a little bit of cash (as he seems to have in a number of places recently it should be noted) but he now appears to feel he is entitled to make statements regarding the fans, the future of the club and possibly the manager.

I agree that he's said too much but the guy might just be overly excited at owning his hometown club, it's Lachlan's duty as owner to find out how well he's doing and how honourable his intentions are.

It's not that long ago that our club or some within it tried to move us to the Dam Park without as much as a whisper so I wouldn't go slaughtering the guy before we know the down.

Will the alarm bells ring when he dons a pair of shorts on Fri night then attempts some keepy uppy in front of the Somerset Road end a la Michael Knighton?

Go into the hospitality and talk to him, he's an approachable guy.

This mob are chucking advertising and sponsorship around like confetti at the moment. Something does not sit right with me at all. Check out their Facebook page and 'statement' - not entirely encouraging and worryingly 'swept along' type approach.

Sounds like the Ayrshire version of Vincent Tan!

Does his SPL in two years plan involve a 6,000 seater stadium in that time scale? Chairmen who have unrealistic future plans never end well. That said though, imagine Ayr did win back to back promotions and moved into a new 6,000 seater stadia in two years and were in the SPL how much of a GIRFUY it would be.

Sounds like the Ayrshire version of Vincent Tan!

Does his SPL in two years plan involve a 6,000 seater stadium in that time scale? Chairmen who have unrealistic future plans never end well. That said though, imagine Ayr did win back to back promotions and moved into a new 6,000 seater stadia in two years and were in the SPL how much of a GIRFUY it would be.

Without uttering it publicly all 1st division diddies should be aiming for this, sport is nothing without dreams.

Go into the hospitality and talk to him, he's an approachable guy.

I'm sure he is. This entire episode though has been manufactured by a bloke we know very little about. He's not shown the colour of his money. He may well be the Messiah but at the moment he's coming across like a very naughty boy.

I'm sure he is. This entire episode though has been manufactured by a bloke we know very little about. He's not shown the colour of his money. He may well be the Messiah but at the moment he's coming across like a very naughty boy.

As I said, go and talk to him.

According to Lachlan in the Ayrshire Post today there is NO Bid,No talks and No Kenny Shiels and as soon as any bid comes in he'll be telling us no anybody else.

TELT. :lol:

Could you cut n paste his piece for those of us without access at the moment.

Can't see it online yet i just read it in the actual paper but the quotes are

"Let me be clear-there has been no bid from Hugh Clarke"

"Anything that doesn't come from me or the club is Nonsense and i can assure fans they will hear anything from me first"

"I certainly don't do my deals publicly and whatever is out there at the moment has just grown arms and legs"

Can't see it online yet i just read it in the actual paper but the quotes are

"Let me be clear-there has been no bid from Hugh Clarke"

"Anything that doesn't come from me or the club is Nonsense and i can assure fans they will hear anything from me first"

"I certainly don't do my deals publicly and whatever is out there at the moment has just grown arms and legs"

Cheers dkh, it's certainly looking like a long way back for any proposed takeover even if the cash was there.

"Shug" was telling me who you are and I can't wait to see your face in the next couple of weeks ! Let's just say I hope you enjoy your final game at Somerset when he takes over , because if it's not your final game you might just find yourself centre stage being publicly humiliated at Somerset.

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read.

More of the same please Hugh, its a nice insight in to what we have to look forward to when you are owner lmfao

Remember when the CIC was being announced in June. Good ole Lachlan.

To be fair he addressed that with his blog at the start of the season on the OS, said that they had hit a few hurdles and both the club and himself were doing everything they could to help the CIC bid out.

Remember when the CIC was being announced in June. Good ole Lachlan.

June, I'm still waiting for the announcement we were told would be made in January.

Archived