Takeover at Somerset

Reading "Restoraroof" profile on Facebook, seems I was quite right to take my skeptical stance. One mans dream should never lead to thousands of others' nightmares. Ta Ta Shug.

Hope he pays up what is due.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.facebook.com/restora.roof.5?fref=ts

*****COMPANY NEWS*****
Company owner Hugh Clarke has resigned from his position as Managing Director with immediate effect to concentrate on a new business venture.
Everyone at RestoraRoof.co.uk would like to wish Hugh all the very best.
Lauren Kearney,
Media & Marketing Manager,

They are still touting sponsorship etc on the Facebook page today. Does this departure mean Shug is concentrating his efforts on buying the club?

Not sure you can read too much into their posts today, they were already committed to those events.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1413879797.149069.jpg

Oh well, back to languishing in league one we go.

It's better than languishing in League 2 or below. ;)

Lachlan has 100% called this one correctly IMHO.

I've been one of Lachlan's biggest chiders over the years and I'm bored to death by our current situation, but at least Lachlan isn't just going to take his cash and run, he deserves credit for holding out 'til the right deal comes along for Ayr United.

There was something just wrong with the whole situation.

Someone with a cavalier approach would have been the polar opposite to what we have now, but having already been through an unsuccessful spell with an owner heavy spending, added to the fact the guy seemed to appear from the shadows to make a bid made me suspicious.

The building trade is volatile and unless your company is the size of Stuart Milnes, you would be unlikely to be able to fund an ongoing business and a premier league wage bill single-handedly i'd recon

Archived