Takeover at Somerset

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUFC not blameless in this. They've sleepwalked their way into a circus that never needed to happen. Warning signs were there long ago.

How so? From what I've seen of it, it's all been one side talking to the media and the other reiterating that no offers have been made.

AUFC not blameless in this. They've sleepwalked their way into a circus that never needed to happen. Warning signs were there long ago.

Can't agree with this. Lachlan has played it cool and been professional. I think he's pulled the plug at the exact right time too.

Timeline as I can see it

Media source - Hugh Clarke is buying Ayr, going to have them in the SPL in 2 years

Club - No comment

Hugh Clarke - Ayr fan all my days love to buy the club

Club - No comment

Hugh Clarke - eh....what the club said, no idea who leaked this

Club - No comment

Hugh Clarke - aaaaahhhhhhaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaahhhhhh liars, cheats, fraudsters aaaaahhhhhhhhh

Club - He never made an offer

Hugh Clarke self implodes in a blaze of litigation an sputum

He may have been the right man to take the club forward, if he came out and said I offered X for the club and was willing to invest Y over the next few years and have evidence of the funds available but Cameron was holding out for more than the value, or he was being unrealistic, he would have every right to feel aggrieved and would gain public backing but all he did was prove to an already skeptical support that he was a bit flyby-night in his affairs

I don't think he was the right man though....to be clear

Fortunately the number of fans who disagree is minimal, thankfully Lachlan has finally closed the curtain on a shamefully embarrassing episode in Ayr's history.

As much as fans like myself like to know what's going on within the club we don't want to see issues like this aired in such a shambolic and amateur fashion.

Fortunately the number of fans who disagree is minimal, thankfully Lachlan has finally closed the curtain on a shamefully embarrassing episode in Ayr's history.

As much as fans like myself like to know what's going on within the club we don't want to see issues like this aired in such a shambolic and amateur fashion.

Neither shameful nor embarrassing as far as the club is concerned imo. Has it not all come from the other side?

Neither shameful nor embarrassing as far as the club is concerned imo. Has it not all come from the other side?

I agree, the only shameful and embarrassing stuff has been coming from the other party who - amazingly - see fit to publish private emails on social media sites.

The club has kept up a silence for the most part, which ironically enough for a club that gets criticised for not communicating well enough with supporters, was the correct thing to do.

It wasn't my intention to apportion any blame to anyone within the club, unfortunately our name is still attached to this sorry affair.

So we can at least blame Lachlan for this?

I think maybe the 2-3 interested parties hes talking to that would offer immediate cash for the club rather than the slow burner of fan ownership has caused the delay, i assume his main priority is getting rid if the millstone round his neck to the right person/people for the right deal, if that can happen overnight I'm sure he'd prefer that.

I think maybe the 2-3 interested parties hes talking to that would offer immediate cash for the club rather than the slow burner of fan ownership has caused the delay, i assume his main priority is getting rid if the millstone round his neck to the right person/people for the right deal, if that can happen overnight I'm sure he'd prefer that.

Has anyone actually heard of any other interested parties?

This seems like just nonsense imo. He always says people have bid but they weren't the right person.

I think eventually he'll sell the club for £1 to Jim Kirkwood who'll sell the stadium so he can build houses and we'll play at Dam Park and slip out of the leagues before eventually going bust.

Has anyone actually heard of any other interested parties?

This seems like just nonsense imo. He always says people have bid but they weren't the right person.

I think eventually he'll sell the club for £1 to Jim Kirkwood who'll sell the stadium so he can build houses and we'll play at Dam Park and slip out of the leagues before eventually going bust.

There isn't much left to sell and from the Kennedy attempt, he wont sell for £1

Kennedy had assumed that Cameron would sell the club for £1 and he would take on the debt but Cameron wanted market value, probably knowing the debt would never be repaid, most of it being owed to him.

I don't know of anyone looking to buy and the stories have probably been going on for over a year now, either Cameron is content chucking 20-30 grand a year away on the club, allowing it to trundle along and not actively seeking a sale or there are no interested parties.

From the email Hugh Jarse published, Cameron didn't seem to desperate to follow up quickly.....but he maybe knew it was a waste of time

Archived