Polling stations now open...

Hillonearth

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear to god if people are making up these stories of people switching to Yes at the death I'm not going to be happy.

I'm almost excited. Almost.

Don't know about other people, but I've seen quite a few people I know saying they've had a yes switch (or a family member or something) on Facebook. I don't trust anyone else's story, though.

In fact, I'm pretty sure this whole referendum has been a Truman Show-like 30(ish) year in the making prank to set me up to be the only one who votes yes.

There are probably as many who have done the reverse tbh. This forum isn't going to provide you with that evidence though

You demeanor has changed a lot throughout the day, any reason behind that?

Pretty much all of my good mates were decided Yes bois, except one who changed his opinion every day. He voted Yes but more encouragingly his bird was undecided as of last night.

I say more encouragingly because she was the staunchest of No voters last few times it came up. She may well have still voted No but her even thinking about it shows how dreadfully No have done.

Travelled to York today, not to Sack it, well maybe!

Anyway, the taxi driver taking wife and me to Central station said he was a no voter, until he went to polling station, then "Feck it, voted Yes!" What a guy, extra tip to that man.

Yes I voted first don't worry. Hopefully I wake up in an official foreign country tomorrow

I have some bad news for you...

Even if it is YES we won't be a foreign country tomorrow

* STOP PRESS *

I'm kind of a big deal around these parts*, so I take great pleasure in announcing I have cast my vote at Kingcase Church in Prestwick. 3 Yes lads and 1 BTUKOK lady outside, and a VERY tasty tall blonde WPC on copper patrol.

There was a queue of about 5 people, I took my slip, read the question, re read it 3 times and put a rather shaky X in the Yes box. Checked I'd done it right another 3 times and posted my small part in this country's destiny.

#emosh

*I am in fact a c**t of no great importance, the above is just a giggle.

Strange sense of pride after voting this morning.

How anyone can be faced with wanting to have a greater say in their country and tick the no box makes no sense to me.

Nervous now.Surely we can't let this opportunity pass us by.

Archived