New national anthem

Blootoon87

Aye right like the ones we were getting in 1979 dream on! English MPs are already publicly forming a movement to block these and even if it gets through the Commons which I highly doubt the Lords will block it, expect some tax raising powers so they can then scrap the Barnett formula and we can then pay the difference in raised taxes. The people of Scotland just gave Westminster the biggest endorsement to do what ever they like and they will make sure we never get in a position to have a referendum again. If you think the English will be all sweetness and play nice after that you are living in cloud cuckooland there will be a backlash and a big one.

Fair enough you've made your prediction I've made mine, but blaming it on the English willy nilly and writing off the chances of them keeping their Vow for no reason- that's just turning this into a bitter race issue.

• 7 years later...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-considers-replacement-national-26600193

This seems to back in the newspapers following an interview with the First Minister.

Neither of her choices would make good anthems, although they are good tunes.

Also Murrayfields version of Flower of Scotland shits all over the Hampden attempt.