East Ayrshire Catalonians v The Trampoline Stealers. Derby match or tr

Dipple burn

Talbot certainly had more possession, but they didnt creat one clear cut chance. What really surprised me was that they did not seem to have plan B when it was obvious that Edinburgh City were much smarter at making use of a relatively wide pitch. Edinburgh City surprised me. A good passing team, tactically sound and looked the more likely to score with less possession. They were not intimidated by Talbot in any way.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they do, then they at least keep it to the West Region, as opposed to embarassing "us all" on national TV ;):(

national tv! Did you steal one or were you passing currys window at the time! Remind me when was the last time Cumnock did anything good to represent the grade? Certainly wasn't last week, what was the score again???

national tv! Did you steal one or were you passing currys window at the time! Remind me when was the last time Cumnock did anything good to represent the grade? Certainly wasn't last week, what was the score again???

Don't think Old a Northerner is a Cumnock fan, just someone with a fair amount of envy towards some quarters of our a Junior fraternity.

Sending off killed us. Most the 2nd have was played in city's half bar the odd counter attack. 10 men behind the ball and they defended well. Not the starting 11 I was expecting with no Gormley, Campbell, Latta or Young, however we still should have had enough. Terrible venue for a game of football.

Sore one to take as I'm sure we would beat city 9/10 however we lost on the day and wish city all the best for the next round. Aw the best.

Back to business next week and hopefully we remember last seasons loss and don't have the same hangover when we went out the junior cup, out the blocks flying this weekend and let's get the 1st peice of silver in the cabinet for the season ahead.

How was the crowd

Very difficult to tell in that vast depressingly grey Soviet style concrete box of a stand. Utterly dreadful venue for a football match, whatever the crowd was I have no idea, but it seemed 95 % Talbot fans. Fair play to Edinburgh City who on the day won fair and square, but it is quite clear they have virtually no support or connection to any community. Can only assume that most supporting them yesterday were friends and relations of the players. So, top of the LL with promotion a district possibility, what on earth has a club like that to offer Senior Football? No fans, renting a council owned ground that is entirely inappropriate for football. Sort of sums up the LL, fuelled by crazy delusional ambition! Not really having a go at Edinburgh City, they will probably say beating Talbot gives them credibility, and to a degree they would be right. However, the whole pyramid LL thing for me was crystallised yesterday in that awful venue. Incidentally, we were in the social club which was 99% Talbot fans, they mentioned perhaps half a dozen local fans would frequent the place. I rest my case!

Very difficult to tell in that vast depressingly grey Soviet style concrete box of a stand. Utterly dreadful venue for a football match, whatever the crowd was I have no idea, but it seemed 95 % Talbot fans. Fair play to Edinburgh City who on the day won fair and square, but it is quite clear they have virtually no support or connection to any community. Can only assume that most supporting them yesterday were friends and relations of the players. So, top of the LL with promotion a district possibility, what on earth has a club like that to offer Senior Football? No fans, renting a council owned ground that is entirely inappropriate for football. Sort of sums up the LL, fuelled by crazy delusional ambition! Not really having a go at Edinburgh City, they will probably say beating Talbot gives them credibility, and to a degree they would be right. However, the whole pyramid LL thing for me was crystallised yesterday in that awful venue. Incidentally, we were in the social club which was 99% Talbot fans, they mentioned perhaps half a dozen local fans would frequent the place. I rest my case!

We can almost hear the collective sigh of relief from the six City fans as they read the good news in your post,Isa. :unsure2:

We can almost hear the collective sigh of relief from the six City fans as they read the good news in your post,Isa. :unsure2:

I find the whole LL pyramid thing peculiar. City applied to join the SFL the year Gretna got in, so they have definite yearnings for such high heights. Yet they have no support or ground, although the monstrosity that is Meadowbank seem to fulfil the requirements. They have virtually no support and no likelihood to have any in Edinburgh. This together with some new team based in Glasgow and a Boys club from EK joining the ranks of the LL. Spartans are another Edinburgh club who have no support but do have a nice ground apparently. It does make you wonder why the LL exists!

I find the whole LL pyramid thing peculiar. City applied to join the SFL the year Gretna got in, so they have definite yearnings for such high heights. Yet they have no support or ground, although the monstrosity that is Meadowbank seem to fulfil the requirements. They have virtually no support and no likelihood to have any in Edinburgh. This together with some new team based in Glasgow and a Boys club from EK joining the ranks of the LL. Spartans are another Edinburgh club who have no support but do have a nice ground apparently. It does make you wonder why the LL exists!

You're prob right, but that's for other to decide. In the mean time, your team fell short ON THE PARK which most would agree should be the only barometer of where a team should stand in the pyramid.

You can always tell ye are a good club when fans of others celebrate when ye lose.It happens all the time with the real Catalonians.

At the end of the day it was a horror of a result for Talbot. Anyone on having a wee gloat is doing so because the feeling of disappointment is something most of have to endure oh 5,10,15 times a season, talbot maybe once or twice a season.

Goudie deluded enough to think that Edinburgh Citys win against his team possibly might give Edinburgh City credibility.

It is the opinion of many outside the Talbot fraternity that Talbot are the best non league club about given their pedigree and structure etc. it is also ubiquitous that the West Super Premier one of the strongest leagues in non league. It is therefore fair to say that the result yesterday does add some credibility to LL reputation. Whether you agree with all of this or not, it was a tremendous result for City. Don't think I,m deluded at all, I know that Talbot are a huge scalp.

The way Edinburgh celebrated you could tell it was a huge result for them, and for the Lowland League, especially after all the debate about the LL being somewhat undervalued without the Juniors. That's undoubtedly been put to bed now with this result yesterday.

Edinburgh were technically superior to us, no doubt at all about that. They played a quick one touch passing game whilst we tended to try and play down the wings as usual, the end result being we just gave them yet more possession. They were handful against 11 but when we went down to 10 the writing was on the wall, especially as wept two upfield leaving 3 midfielders against 4 plus their overlapping full backs who exploited the space with relish. Another poster mentioned no plan "B" and that was so true and that's why we are not preparing for a replay next week.

We could have exploited the big guy at the back who looked a wee bit slow when ran at, but we kept pumping the high balls in which he relished. They had two or three players who wouldn't look out of place in a higher grade. Best of luck in the next round.

Good move by the Edinburgh bench to go three at the back by sacrificing their centre half and putting on another midfielder. Gormley, Young, Campbell and Latta were a big loss to our starting line up, but as I said on the LL Forum it only takes a fluke (free kick) and a harsh red card (Willie Boyd) to change a game. On the day best team won. no complaints. Good Luck to the City lads in the next round.

The way Edinburgh celebrated you could tell it was a huge result for them, and for the Lowland League, especially after all the debate about the LL being somewhat undervalued without the Juniors. That's undoubtedly been put to bed now with this result yesterday.

Edinburgh were technically superior to us, no doubt at all about that. They played a quick one touch passing game whilst we tended to try and play down the wings as usual, the end result being we just gave them yet more possession. They were handful against 11 but when we went down to 10 the writing was on the wall, especially as wept two upfield leaving 3 midfielders against 4 plus their overlapping full backs who exploited the space with relish. Another poster mentioned no plan "B" and that was so true and that's why we are not preparing for a replay next week.

We could have exploited the big guy at the back who looked a wee bit slow when ran at, but we kept pumping the high balls in which he relished. They had two or three players who wouldn't look out of place in a higher grade. Best of luck in the next round.

Think your taking your magnanimity too far there Welshman. City had a good twenty minutes in the first half and yes have a few handy players but technically superior? The second half was dominated by Talbot with ten men, had City been as good as you say they would have picked us off, although City kept them out, looked handy on the break but your appraisal is lavish. I agree with JimL, Talbot would beat that team more often than lose to them. Cup football is about what happens on the day and City got the breaks and their tactics right. Bad day at the office for Talbot, good luck to City!

Technically superior?! C'mon Welshman tell me your joking?? If they were technically superior why didn't they run over the top of us with an extra man??

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, surely?

On the day we conceded possession far too easily, they didn't.

On the day we played long balls instead of retaining possession and try to play a passing game. They played a passing game which was far too good for us. We had difficulty countering it with 11 men, with 10 men we simply couldn't touch them in the first half.

I agree we had a better second half, but Wilson's clip onto the post aside what did we do? We were physically stronger undoubtedly, but we couldn't break them down. Can anyone remember their keeper having a decent shot to save in the second half. Strength and fitness doesn't equate to technical ability though. They had a game plan and it worked, they kept us at bay when they needed to. Our game plan was to keep putting high balls into the box for their centre half to clear with ease.

We never attempted to plug the expansive gaps in midfield by either moving Milky back or bringing another one on once we'd gone down to 10 men. I think had we done that the game could very well have been different.

On a man to man basis I would not be exchanging too many out their squad for ours although their number 4 was very handy, as was the number 11. That said, the technical ability I refer to was to how they carried out their game plan whilst we chased shadows. We might very well have beaten them at Beechwood had we got them back for a replay, but unfortunately that is now just conjecture and we'll never know.

I hope that we bounce back immediately and learn from this defeat. I love watching Talbot pass the ball about on the deck and in free flowing, attacking mode. More of the same and less reliance on the balls into space and giving away possession would surely do that.

the big guy at the back you and others refer to.was it big joe mbu ?

Archived