Arbroath vs Elgin City

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No much wind according to met office

Thank feck. Last home game was the 1st time in what seems like forever we've had a normal day down Gayf. Last season was a nightmare for wind. It never seems that bad any other time I'm down the front but every single Saturday it seems to kick off. :lol:

Thank feck. Last home game was the 1st time in what seems like forever we've had a normal day down Gayf. Last season was a nightmare for wind. It never seems that bad any other time I'm down the front but every single Saturday it seems to kick off. :lol:

Will be a different story by 2 tomorrow!!

Looks like a very nice day for football, slight breeze which no doubt down at gayfield will be a full on gale force wind. Will tutties be open after the fire in the kitchen?

Read the last 5 games between these 2 teams has produced 35 goals so..... 0-0 draw? Id stick with the same team as last week anyway.

Looks like a very nice day for football, slight breeze which no doubt down at gayfield will be a full on gale force wind. Will tutties be open after the fire in the kitchen?

Read the last 5 games between these 2 teams has produced 35 goals so..... 0-0 draw? Id stick with the same team as last week anyway.

Some fantastic results in there, seem to score a barrow load against them fingers crossed we win today.

post-14721-14118077738381_thumb.jpg

Shall I do a, shall I do a, shall I do a post for you... Elgin City won 5-3 at Gayfield last time we played the day we got our hands on the 3rd Division Trophy... who remembers the Swankie goal...? Outstanding.

Ok to today... Keep Gunn quiet and play, create and finish like last week should see another Lichties win... but beware Elgin beat East Fife.

Shall I do a, shall I do a, shall I do a post for you... Elgin City won 5-3 at Gayfield last time we played the day we got our hands on the 3rd Division Trophy... who remembers the Swankie goal...? Outstanding.

Ok to today... Keep Gunn quiet and play, create and finish like last week should see another Lichties win... but beware Elgin beat East Fife.

That'll be no problem as gunn will be right in big Kev's back pocket.

I think people should probably remember that while it was 11 v 11 last week Clyde were actually outplaying us, and in our last home game we never got going until 10 minutes before the end by which point the game was pretty much already lost. We may be top of the league, we may have won 5 out of 6 games, but we're certainly not firing on all cylinders and I don't think in any of the games we've played we dominated the game from start to finish...... without the rub of the green we could quite easily have won 3 and lost 3 so far.

Fom what I've seen I think quite a few teams are at a similiar level this season, so everyone will take points off everyone else. If we can continue as we have started and even up our game a bit we could run away with the league, if we stop getting that bit of luck we've had so far and our performances drop by only a small amount we could easily find ourselves sliding down the table.

They must be the worst fitba team I've seen at Gayfield for years. Lots of big guys and a big threat at set prices and they did have 1 or 2 decent moves but on the whole they were terrible. Amount of simple passes they kept giving away or put out the park. We had a ridiculous amount of chances to score or to make a chance and our final ball/shot was off all the time was a very frustrating afternoon until Murray pops up again, some player like. Thought everyone was good today, Johnstone made a few mistakes but overall happy with everyone and they so nearly nicked a goal at the end to level was tense stuff in the 6 or so minutes added (added because of their GK time wasting at 0-0 which was frustrating) overall happy to get the win in the end. The team that finished the game is our strongest IMO apart from maybe Lowdon.

Very wasteful today with the final ball letting us down on many occasions. Not a fan of johnstone but he was my mom today, very solid at lb. the amount of chances buchan and murray squandered at the end was unreal!

Ps where did the ref get all that stoppage time from?

Very wasteful today with the final ball letting us down on many occasions. Not a fan of johnstone but he was my mom today, very solid at lb. the amount of chances buchan and murray squandered at the end was unreal!

Their GK!!! :lol: Surely Murray MOTM?

I also thought that Jonstone was excellent today by far the best i've seen him.

Boy did we make that difficult for ourselves,thought we were never going to score the lack of composure in front of goal today had to be seen to be believed just glad that we took one of the chances in the end,Elgin didn't offer much but it was still a stressful last 5 minutes.

6 out of 7 let's keep it going

Archived