General Election 2015

Ludo*1

What the f**k has that got to do with the matter in hand? I'm saying that holding a referendum on Europe is democratic and not doing so is undemocratic.

There is a fairly large number of people in the UK that want to leave the European union. The only way to test this fairly is a referendum. Personally I'll be voting for the "In" side.

Do you favour referenda on leaving NATO, getting rid of Trident and banning fracking too? Alcohol at football? Lots of people want these things. We are supposed to be a representative democracy though.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any proof yet?

Northern Ireland is an occupied territory, that's just a fact.

Since 1999 it's not even been a coherent argument.

And even before that it was based on the notion that sharing an Island means you should share a national identity and a government so it's probably best to step away from that for the time being

Since 1999 it's not even been a coherent argument.

And even before that it was based on the notion that sharing an Island means you should share a national identity and a government so it's probably best to step away from that for the time being

No it wasn't, it was based on historical fact.

It has been a fact before and since 1999 that N Ireland is an occupied territory.

Do you favour referenda on leaving NATO, getting rid of Trident and banning fracking too? Alcohol at football? Lots of people want these things. We are supposed to be a representative democracy though.

I'd favour Referendums on all these things. Have a cull of politicians, down to manageable numbers, and sort most major issues by a public vote.

Murphy doing well on Nuclear weapons. Had thought he would struggle on this topic.

That's probably because you thought he'd be asked "why do you favour spending hundred of billions of pounds renewing them" and not "why do you favour putting the people of Helensburgh out of work".

No it wasn't, it was based on historical fact.

It has been a fact before and since 1999 that N Ireland is an occupied territory.

Up until 1999 there was a competing claim over the territory and now there isn't. That actually is genuine documented historical fact.

The merits of that previous competing claim are a matter of opinion and you are of course free to hold your own position on it. You could even have an argument with someone who gives more of a toss about it. If they're not significantly cleverer than you then you might even win. I suggest RedRob72.

Murphy doing well on Nuclear weapons. Had thought he would struggle on this topic.

He basically said he hated nuclear weapons, we would be the last country in the world to get rid of them, and there would be jobs for life at Faslane, however long or curtailed that might be.

Up until 1999 there was a competing claim over the territory and now there isn't. That actually is genuine documented historical fact.

The merits of that previous competing claim are a matter of opinion and you are of course free to hold your own position on it. You could even have an argument with someone who gives more of a toss about it. If they're not significantly cleverer than you then you might even win. I suggest RedRob72.

Totally irrelevant. N Ireland exists due to British military might, if that wasn't the case N Ireland wouldn't exist. It is an occupied territory of Ireland.

Facetious arguments like this won't wash, the people want a vote on this and about time.

Totally irrelevant. N Ireland exists due to British military might, if that wasn't the case N Ireland wouldn't exist. It is an occupied territory of Ireland.

That's a definition of "occupied territory" that is so broad as to be meaningless.

And you can drop by at Randolph Crescent to explain to the consul how totally irrelevant his nation's constitution is.

Would a majority of people in Northern Ireland voting to stay in the UK change that?

That's a definition of "occupied territory" that is so broad as to be meaningless.

And you can drop by at Randolph Crescent to explain to the consul how totally irrelevant his nation's constitution is.

The country's constitution came about after decades of British military occupation. It exists, as does the country, because Britain will shoot anyone who wants to challenge it. That's why Ireland renounced its claim. The very existence of N Ireland in the first place is a result of British military might.

Would a majority of people in Northern Ireland voting to stay in the UK change that?

I'm not really sure, given the Protestant majority are artificially created by the UK for just that purpose.

Except English c**t isn't common parlance. Your "Britishness" (boak) seems to involve a determination to make up things to slag Scotland for.

How sad.

I have no wish or reason whatsoever to portray Scotland in a negative light, the slabbering ubernats on here seem to make a pretty good job of that without any help from me !! The words English C*nt are posted on here without a second thought. Ask Lichtie

I have no wish or reason whatsoever to portray Scotland in a negative light, the slabbering ubernats on here seem to make a pretty good job of that without any help from me !! The words English C*nt are posted on here without a second thought. Ask Lichtie

You are the biggest ubernat on here.

If you have no desire to portray Scotland negatively, why did you make up slanderous lies about anti-English rhetoric in the Scottish press, which you still haven't provided any proof for a month later? You've been asked about fifty times, still you have provided nothing.

Archived