General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pile of utter shit from a bitter Britnat you mean.

Can't lay a single glove on the SNP so invents a pile of shite as he is utterly desperate to slate them.

Not surprised you lap it up though.

I kind of agree with this. It would be great to have a detailed UK-wide debate on our EU membership, and to decide calmly whether we want to retain it or not, but with Farage and UKIP as the most visible faces of the anti-EU campaign it's just not going to happen.

They're a cartoonish scandal-machine, and that's not going to change.

It won't matter if cooler heads and calmer voices (including many from the left) also support withdrawal, because all the tabloids and BBC will want to talk about is the Kippers' latest car-crash.

Farage will also get a shock when the right-wing press that has demonised Europe up to now perform a massive unexplained volte-face during the campaign and start singing it's praises (like they did after Diana died). When it comes to the crunch, their owners just won't let them support what will essentially end up being an anti-big-business platform.

The EU is useful to the right in Britain. They can drive people into their arms by telling tales of it's evilness. But none

of the senior folk on the right (the ones with power - ie. not UKIP) actually want to leave it.

Didn't they say on sky news that if Farage didn't get elected this would be his last stand?

Pile of utter shit from a bitter Britnat you mean.

Can't lay a single glove on the SNP so invents a pile of shite as he is utterly desperate to slate them.

Not surprised you lap it up though.

Well, that's Massie telt.

Didn't they say on sky news that if Farage didn't get elected this would be his last stand?

He has publically stated he will stand down as UKIP leader if he fails to win South Thanet

I don't know, to be honest. Never saw that. It'd be interesting (and potentially hilarious) to see who UKIP would choose to replace him.

EDIT: Ah, I'm Brian knows.

I get the impression all is not well with Carswell at the moment - possibly regretting his move to UKIP. That said, I reckon he'll hold Clacton and will be UKIP's sole MP if Farage fails. If he does, you'd have to imagine Carswell or that Roger Helmer bloke will step up.

South Thanet is currently a three-way marginal if the last poll is on the money. Farage is in bother if Lab/Con voters decide to 'return home'.

They do, although despite his win in the by-election (and polls showing him ahead), polling at the same time for GE2015 showed that Reckless would lose to the Conservatives. Given the subsequent UKIP crash in the polls, he could well be out.

They do, although despite his win in the by-election (and polls showing him ahead), polling at the same time for GE2015 showed that Reckless would lose to the Conservatives. Given the subsequent UKIP crash in the polls, he could well be out.

satisfacao.gif

South Thanet is currently a three-way marginal if the last poll is on the money. Farage is in bother if Lab/Con voters decide to 'return home'.

The lack of one clear challenger to farage could be an issue in that case. If one party was up against him I reckon they would get a lot of tactical votes to keep him out

Archived