Why?

I said they know exactly where they are, that doesn't mean that they know where every single boat that's trying to stay quiet is. :lol:

I can't really say any more that other than it was a freak occurrence that is even less likely to happen again.

Hunter Killer subs know were other subs are again your wrong sound like you have no idea what your talking about

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R O T F L really they must have chosen to crash into that French sub under water then?

Where do you think the nuclear armed subs of France and Royal Navy go? You don't genuinely think/believe that they are sailing around the world?

The only subs that go sailing around the world are the hunter-killer subs (Trafalgar and Astute class)

If you want a submarine f**k up to pour faux outrage on then go look at the yanks. The plonkers surfaced out in the Indian Ocean and hit the bottom of a Japanese tanker haha. There was some sorry looking officers cutting about Bahrain dockyard.

Hunter Killer subs know were other subs are again your wrong sound like you have no idea what your talking about

Given that he was in the Navy, I'd say he has a fair idea, teebs.

It really isn't. Missiles need a guidance system end of story. I wouldn't be surprised if the Yanks have the codes as well.

They have guidance systems, have a look and see when GPS came 'online' and see how long Nuclear missiles have been around. How do you think they managed before that ?

As for the 'codes', humour me then, what exactly are they for ?

I said they know exactly where they are, that doesn't mean that they know where every single boat that's trying to stay quiet is. :lol:

I can't really say any more that other than it was a freak occurrence that is even less likely to happen again.

post-30743-14125370059224_thumb.jpg

Where do you think the nuclear armed subs of France and Royal Navy go? You don't genuinely think/believe that they are sailing around the world?

The only subs that go sailing around the world are the hunter-killer subs (Trafalgar and Astute class)

If you want a submarine f**k up to pour faux outrage on then go look at the yanks. The plonkers surfaced out in the Indian Ocean and hit the bottom of a Japanese tanker haha. There was some sorry looking officers cutting about Bahrain dockyard.

We don't exactly have the moral high ground here lofty, I was on the Super B when we twatted off a big underwater mountain that was clearly marked on the map. Whoops :rolleyes:

They have guidance systems, have a look and see when GPS came 'online' and see how long Nuclear missiles have been around. How do you think they managed before that ?

As for the 'codes', humour me then, what exactly are they for ?

Are you trying to say that before GPS was invented that they just fired nukes in a sort of hit and hope way :lol:

I'd imagine they'd have used an older guidance system, probably developed by the US :)

And before guidance they just dropped the bombs from an aircraft.

Quick straw poll, hands up who's been on a hunter killer submarine (SSN) and a Trident submarine (SSBN) ?

Me! :) haha Been onboard one of the V boats in the boat shed at Faslane. Their was a chief tiff running field gun with me and he taken me onboard fit a tour. Fucking impressive bits of kit. Can't believe how big they actually are. I don't envy you greedy smelly b*****ds spending 3 months at a time on them.

Well you need to do more research the worlds been wiped out on about eight separate occasions from downed bombers with nukes on board to computer glitches to dropped nukes over America that almost detonated not to forget the Cuban missile crisis

The really funny thing about this is that it isn't Dryhorce's strangest post. :lol:

Me! :) haha Been onboard one of the V boats in the boat shed at Faslane. Their was a chief tiff running field gun with me and he taken me onboard fit a tour. Fucking impressive bits of kit. Can't believe how big they actually are. I don't envy you greedy smelly b*****ds spending 3 months at a time on them.

I only did the one patrol on them, shit submarining, SSN's are the 'rock n roll' boats. I got skidded and made sure I didn't get qualified for bombers when I was on the thing.

The really funny thing about this is that it isn't Dryhorce's strangest post. :lol:

Research it USA has over 4000 missiles they cant even look after properly there silo are ancient and the codes are on floppy disks pizza delivery drivers got in finding them all drunk look it up all real all happened

We don't exactly have the moral high ground here lofty, I was on the Super B when we twatted off a big underwater mountain that was clearly marked on the map. Whoops :rolleyes:

That's a blast from the past. I think the last two S boats in Faslane when I first joined were Sceptre and the Super B.

Uh huh and did he tell you we'd all been blown to kingdom come 8 times ?

If he did would that make you feel good?

Got another friend left a few years told me horror stories

Stationed him in the Falklands when he refused to go on patrol

Are you trying to say that before GPS was invented that they just fired nukes in a sort of hit and hope way :lol:

I'd imagine they'd have used an older guidance system, probably developed by the US :)

And before guidance they just dropped the bombs from an aircraft.

Technically they would be rockets without guidance systems (I think) and you'd be right that they used older systems, Trident are pretty old themselves now and while the Forces sell themselves as 'cutting edge' when it comes to 'kit' there is a hell of a lot of stuff that is pretty agricultural, the T boat's autopilot is basically the same as was in the old Shackleton bomber/AEW aicrcraft developed in the late 40's, if it ain't broke don't fix it. There is a lot of back up systems though and in this case while GPS may be the most modern navigation system the older ones are still the primary ones, thats how the missiles were built.

That's a blast from the past. I think the last two S boats in Faslane when I first joined were Sceptre and the Super B.

I took both of them out of refit in Rosyth and took Super B in at the bitter end to GUZ. There ain't no party like and S boat party and all that.

Archived