Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

True story. In my last job, call centre work, I had calls from a lady called Mrs Crapper and a guy called Wei Phatt Kok. Honestly thought, with the latter, when his name popped up that someone had tampered with the system but no, went through security with the guy and that was his name.

Believe it or not, a guy called Crapper did much to introduce bathroom fittings (but he didn't actually invent the toilet, that's an urban legend) but his name ended up being substituted for toilet as his name was on all the fittings and drain covers etc that his firm made. Edited by Hampden Diehard

My other half used to frequently work with a girl called Fanni Kiss.

Eta: if you don't believe me, i) shame on you, ii) her linkedin is first thing on the list if you Google the name.

Edited by Hedgecutter

My kids are Ruairidh, Niamh and Nuala. Cards at Christmas are usually signed 'and kids'!

My youngest (10 months) is called Ruaraidh (Ruri, mostly, because we live in England) in no small part because of your son. I remember reading your story about choosing the name on the P and P thread, (was it a nurse or midwife that suggested it or something like that?) and the name stuck in my mind. We've gone for a slightly different spelling, but no-one down here ever forgets it once they've heard it and it seems very popular.

My youngest (10 months) is called Ruaraidh (Ruri, mostly, because we live in England) in no small part because of your son. I remember reading your story about choosing the name on the P and P thread, (was it a nurse or midwife that suggested it or something like that?) and the name stuck in my mind. We've gone for a slightly different spelling, but no-one down here ever forgets it once they've heard it and it seems very popular.

That was my daughter Nuala, the midwife mentioned it was her daughters name, we were going to call her Anna but ut didnt' suit her and fitted with Niamh. Ruairidh is gaelic for Roderick which is my dads name!

There was a half Greek, half Scottish girl a few years below me at school with such a fucking ridiculous name that nobody believes me when I cite it in these kind of conversions.

Luckily, a quick google search reveals that she is now trying her hand at modelling and so I have proof.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/2182437

"I will under no means, way, shape or form do topless or nude shoots - so please do not ask! although very keen to do body paint. "

With that profile picture. :lol: