Spartans or East Kilbride v Clyde

So you have your answer Salute. I eagerly await you joining the CIC, putting yourself up for election, becoming Chairman (as you can under the structure) and putting a re-vote on the table. or are you a shytebag yourself?

Tell you what, get that done and I will vote for you but until you stop whingeing when there is a viable route to effect change available to you then you are just hot air with no credibility.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you have your answer Salute. I eagerly await you joining the CIC, putting yourself up for election, becoming Chairman (as you can under the structure) and putting a re-vote on the table. or are you a shytebag yourself?

Tell you what, get that done and I will vote for you but until you stop whingeing when there is a viable route to effect change available to you then you are just hot air with no credibility.

I have been a member of the cic from day one and unlike you (im guessing) i was not willing 2 trade my soul for something that was never likely 2 happen.

If i had the time and if i was financially set then 2 be honest i don't see how i could do any worse than our current commander in chief.

I'm not gonna get into a tit for tat argument with you, but can you tell me you honestly believe cnut, sorry alexander has been good for clyde? And now that most people who realised they got hoodwinked prior 2 the vote, do u think a name change vote would get through if taken again.

They wee guy cnut is a liar as far as i am concerned, we are no further forward today than 18 odd months ago. And i don't see name change/move 2 EK ever happening. So please let him come out and tell us this n we can put the past behind us and all move on.

Ps. What is the date of the next round so i can work oot ma sat rota and does anyone know what the Prize money is each round

Think it's end of November then the one after's in February. Im guessin a bit, mind last year they played Stranraer at the time of the Clutha incident

I have been a member of the cic from day one and unlike you (im guessing) i was not willing 2 trade my soul for something that was never likely 2 happen.

If i had the time and if i was financially set then 2 be honest i don't see how i could do any worse than our current commander in chief.

I'm not gonna get into a tit for tat argument with you, but can you tell me you honestly believe cnut, sorry alexander has been good for clyde? And now that most people who realised they got hoodwinked prior 2 the vote, do u think a name change vote would get through if taken again.

They wee guy cnut is a liar as far as i am concerned, we are no further forward today than 18 odd months ago. And i don't see name change/move 2 EK ever happening. So please let him come out and tell us this n we can put the past behind us and all move on.

Over the piece I do believe that John Alexander has been good for the club, but that doesn't mean I blindly follow and agree with everything he says or does. To be perfectly honest, it is your childish name calling that got me to react. Have your opinions by all means but people will have different views or vote differently to you but respect their choice. It is like the referendum yes voters calling the No voters shytebags. Many No voters strongly believe in the Union therefore no bags were shyte by them. Granted, others did shyte it based on operation fear.

Now, to answer your question:

If a second vote were called on the name change then I believe it would be a different outcome this time round. I personally would change my vote, especially in the light of the lowland league, pyramid system and a certain team in said league having the requisite name. The urgency and desperation we were sold is no longer there in my opinion.

I disagree with JA's statement on the website regarding things being no different but as said before, this can be nipped in the bud by forcing an EGM, possibly getting it on the AGM agenda or voting him out when he is up for re-election. The tools are there to do it but it requires someone to step up, and that includes me btw.

It comes down to this - do all the good things and stability that JA brought to the club still outweigh this hugely divisive situation or has he burned his bridges? Is he a Fergus McCann type with a single-minded vision that pisses off the masses but is ultimately successful or is he a Churchill type who is great in a time of crisis but not for the long term?

All that without calling him a cnut.

I fail to see what he has achieved. Cleared the debt? Anyone could put a club in to cold storage for 5 years plus, pay buttons and ignore results.

He has divided the support, a number no longer attend - I will not return whilst he is still at the club. Others will stop going if he ever manages to persuade his old friend to open his wallet a bit more.

He lied to fans, he has shown no vision on the future of the club - bar his pipedream and hope that Kean (sorry the trust) will bankroll the club.

He has even told me that the club does not need fans, apparently you all get in the way of ambition. A bit rich given he has delibrately run the club down to its lowest ebb in its history.

The desciption of him above is fair and true, he is a cnut.

This has been an exercise in killing off passion from the start. JA's mouthpieces were busy tellng everyone to 'remove emotion from the debate, we need this passed', when in truth without emotion club football is dead. Anyone who thinks otherwise, that its just an event like a comedy club or the pictures, is missing the point. If i am the one missing it, then i'd be as well fucking off to Bavaria and supporting Bayern and Germany and not being driven into an early grave getting worked up about the fortunes of a club which doesn't give a shit about me or my fellow supporters. It'd be cheaper for a start. And yes thats a very self righteous outlook. And one i'm proud of. If thats too heavy for some to take in, take a look around at the next home match to see that i'm palpably 100% correct that this whole saga and those who have driven it has irrepairably divided the support, something that not even Smith, McBeth or John Brown achieved. An absolute masterclass in stage-management, i'll give the board that.

Over the piece I do believe that John Alexander has been good for the club, but that doesn't mean I blindly follow and agree with everything he says or does. To be perfectly honest, it is your childish name calling that got me to react. Have your opinions by all means but people will have different views or vote differently to you but respect their choice. It is like the referendum yes voters calling the No voters shytebags. Many No voters strongly believe in the Union therefore no bags were shyte by them. Granted, others did shyte it based on operation fear.

Now, to answer your question:

If a second vote were called on the name change then I believe it would be a different outcome this time round. I personally would change my vote, especially in the light of the lowland league, pyramid system and a certain team in said league having the requisite name. The urgency and desperation we were sold is no longer there in my opinion.

I disagree with JA's statement on the website regarding things being no different but as said before, this can be nipped in the bud by forcing an EGM, possibly getting it on the AGM agenda or voting him out when he is up for re-election. The tools are there to do it but it requires someone to step up, and that includes me btw.

It comes down to this - do all the good things and stability that JA brought to the club still outweigh this hugely divisive situation or has he burned his bridges? Is he a Fergus McCann type with a single-minded vision that pisses off the masses but is ultimately successful or is he a Churchill type who is great in a time of crisis but not for the long term?

All that without calling him a cnut.

Fergus McCann type don't make me laugh he has put the sum of f*** all of his own money , he has surrounded himself with a bunch of spineless individuals who hang on his every word there are about 9 directors who are "fans" and not one of them thought exclyde a bad idea . You compare it to the referendum exactly a vote won or fear and prediction of gloom and doom explain this in the space of 12 months we went from playing on a public park to aiming for promotion you trust him fair enough if he told me the date I would check the newspaper

Rant over

Fergus McCann type don't make me laugh he has put the sum of f*** all of his own money , he has surrounded himself with a bunch of spineless individuals who hang on his every word there are about 9 directors who are "fans" and not one of them thought exclyde a bad idea . You compare it to the referendum exactly a vote won or fear and prediction of gloom and doom explain this in the space of 12 months we went from playing on a public park to aiming for promotion you trust him fair enough if he told me the date I would check the newspaper

Rant over

Well done, completely miss the point of the McCann comparison. Again, all I see is people with the answers but no inclination to make a move for control and implement them. He, and his "nine spineless individuals who hang on his every word" are there but for the grace of the membership vote. Go on, challenge and replace them. Mind you, membership is only for shytebags. The true saviours of the club are the one who don't want that responsibility.

I understand your frustration Bhoonaman, but the answer to this problem isn't filling the place with more plebs who'd freeze chairing the first meeting (with myself at the very top of that long list). Most of those goons have wangled their positions due to the nature of their professions, some are genuine fans, who will be doing their best, some are not who are looking for a hole in the door at Edmiston Drive. And even that wouldn't bother me if there was some get up and go, some fucking drive at least, rather than this feeling that everything is so bloody final, be it whos on the board or what they decided. A seat on a board SHOULD be a means to an end....the end being leaving the bastartin thing in better nick than you got it. 18 months of stagnation on their signature moves has caused this resentment but whats a bunch of shop floor guys like 99% of those i go with going to achieve if we burst the doors down and fling the suits out the window, really?? Blue collars yes but wet ears no....if we're being used, at least they should make it worth something. They'll keep pissing on people's legs for as long as they get away with saying its the rain. And by the way it's Spartans.

Archived