We're now three games unbeaten in the league, so we're starting to look better. The last two games have seen us look back to our best in the second halfs aswell. Think we'll be safe from relegation thanks to us refinding our defence, but lack of goals will keep us from the top six

Your defense was all over the shop on Saturday. Time and time again parting like the red sea for us. If it wasn't for our poor finishing we'd have been out of sight. Your defense is typically solid, but I wouldn't say they've exactly 'rediscovered' their form as I was expecting you to be much more solid than you were on Saturday.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your defense was all over the shop on Saturday. Time and time again parting like the red sea for us. If it wasn't for our poor finishing we'd have been out of sight. Your defense is typically solid, but I wouldn't say they've exactly 'rediscovered' their form as I was expecting you to be much more solid than you were on Saturday.

Its always struggled against pace and movement tbh, we only conceded once though.

FWIW i include Mannus as the defence

Its always struggled against pace and movement tbh, we only conceded once though.

FWIW i include Mannus as the defence

Dundee's best creative midfielder on Saturday was Gary McDonald. Dundee's defence was no better than ours.

Dundee's best creative midfielder on Saturday was Gary McDonald. Dundee's defence was no better than ours.

Both sides defences had dodgy halfs tbh

But yeah, the only time our defence was parted was by McDonald

Our midfield were completely lost in the first half on Saturday though, so the defence were having to pick up both your strikers and your runners from midfield. Thankfully Mannus was excellent or it would've been 3 by half time.

We look like a bottom 6 team this season to be honest. Our best performances in the league so far this season have been against Aberdeen and Motherwell at home and the second half against Dundee on Saturday. Losing our two strikers- our only source of goals for the vast majority of last season as none of the midfield chipped in with more than a solitary goal or two - has been a massive blow for us. We've only recently stopped gifting the opposition daft goals on a regular basis.

Dundee's biggest asset is their manager, and if they avoid relegation he should win awards.

I'd say our biggest asset currently is David Clarkson who incidentally has scored 6 in 6 games - interestingly thats just 1 less than Partick Thistle have scored as a team in the same period......

I'd say our biggest asset currently is David Clarkson who incidentally has scored 6 in 6 games - interestingly thats just 1 less than Partick Thistle have scored as a team in the same period......

The same period where we have been without our 2 best attacking players? Fair enough. Clarkson's done well but his purple patch will stop soon enough and he'll probably go 7/8 games without a goal. Heard it here first.

• 5 months later...

^^^^Who the f**k is this idiot.....

:D

The same period where we have been without our 2 best attacking players? Fair enough. Clarkson's done well but his purple patch will stop soon enough and he'll probably go 7/8 games without a goal. Heard it here first.

Called it! Kudos to you Reid.

Five fixtures left for the bottom six.

If:

Motherwell win all five games

St Mirren lose all five games

Hamilton lose to everyone apart from St Mirren

Thistle, Killie and County beat Hamilton and St Mirren, lose to Motherwell and beat one of the other two

All games have a 2-0 scoreline

The bottom will be:

Thistle 47 points GD +5

Killie 47 -9

Accies 46 -12

Motherwell 46 -14

County 46 -15

St Mirren 21 -47

So, 47 points needed to be OK, at this stage.

Five fixtures left for the bottom six.

If:

Motherwell win all five games

St Mirren lose all five games

Hamilton lose to everyone apart from St Mirren

Thistle, Killie and County beat Hamilton and St Mirren, lose to Motherwell and beat one of the other two

All games have a 2-0 scoreline

The bottom will be:

Thistle

Hmm....

No matter who is in the play off spot they will be praying that it is Hibernian that they have to play to stay up. They lost again today in the Scottish Cup Semi Final which will be yet another match to add to their growing CV failure list. Mon the Hibees you can do it, except of course when it matters most.

• 2 weeks later...

If:

Three home wins for Killie, Motherwell and the Jags on 2 May

Three home wins for Motherwell, Accies and County on 8/9 May

Three away wins for Killie, Accies and Motherwell on 16 May

It will be, going into the last game:

Accies 52

Thistle 44

Killie 44

County 40

Motherwell 40

Maureens 27

Leaving County needing to win at Killie and Motherwell needing to beat the Jags at home on the last day to decide (possibly on goal difference if they both then have 43 points) who plays Queen of the South in the Playoffs!

If Killie don't pick up 6 points and Thistle don't pick up 3 points before the last game, then it is still 'squeaky bum' time for four teams.

Motherwell can only get 43 points max if they win all their last 4 games, so 44 is the 'safe' points level.

Archived