Dunfermilne v Forfar

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe, the team has been pretty much the same for the last 4,5 or 6 weeks . This has pretty much never happened previous seasons , he has always tinkered

That definitely makes a difference . Could that have been down to the constant interference from a certain family member ? Dick has mentioned on numerous occassions how the 2 of them would have stand up rows over team selections.

Fair play though. I have been enviously impressed by your team's performances this season. He has certainly found a good blend of experience and youth. Kind of reminds me of Knox's team in the late 70s.

Is that the same Dick Campbell who was slated all last season from the Farfar faithfull for his negative long ball tactics ?

There are one or two on this forum who have slagged him off pretty consistently over the years but the majority look at his record - 3 play-offs in 6 years - and the clubs financial stability under his managership.

There are one or two on this forum who have slagged him off pretty consistently over the years but the majority look at his record - 3 play-offs in 6 years - and the clubs financial stability under his managership.

Its already been explained why people have "slagged him off" and our financial stability has nothing to do with Dick Campbell.

A point gained by us on Saturday, definitely. We were poor and as has been said numerous times on this thread already, Ryan Scully ensured we aren't 4 points behind Forfar currently.

It just didn't click for us: I like the front 3 of Moffat flanked by Faissal and Stirling, but they were ineffective on Saturday. If wasn't Stirling's day, he tried but nothing came off for him bar one good run in the first half where he dribbled in field with the ball and hit a shot from 25/30 yards out which ended up behind the goals. Buchanan has been rock solid for us this season, and I see a lot of potential in Lewis Martin, but they were continually caught out on Saturday: Martin, moreso, made 2 or 3 massive howlers which Forfar, thankfully, didn't capitalise on, whereas, Buchanan wasn't his usual dominant self as we've became accustomed to snide his arrival at EEP.

Overall, poor performance and we were lucky to come away with a point. We need to be better, but I believe we can be. Hopefully the team can prove me right in the coming weeks.

Its already been explained why people have "slagged him off" and our financial stability has nothing to do with Dick Campbell.

Surely he gets credit for a wee cup run and televised cup tie with Rangers that cleared a lot of debt ?

Manager has a key role in managing the finances, he has a budget to adhere to and seems to have managed this quite well.

Back to the game, the goalkeeper Scully is a top keeper for me, surprised he is playing in league one, seen him a few times now , very impressive.

Amazing how some people cannot get over their dislike of one of the best managers in Scotland .

Good god :lol:

Manager has a key role in managing the finances, he has a budget to adhere to and seems to have managed this quite well.

He's went over his budget on more than one occassion, infact openly thanked the board for going that bit extra to get Jim Paterson in. Campbell deserves praise for a lot of things at the club but the credit for managing the finances and bringing the debt down has to go to the board and in particular the forward thinking chairman.

Back to the game, the goalkeeper Scully is a top keeper for me, surprised he is playing in league one, seen him a few times now , very impressive.

Indeed he is. We would be totally lost without him currently.

Archived