Heart of Midlothian v Dumbarton, 18/10/2014

Actually, I'd settle for a cheeky, backs to the wall, 1-0 like the 4th Round Scottish Cup replay in 1978. However, Hearts home record thus far has been undeniably impressive and I fear that it might be a long afternoon for Sons fans, as surely they won't be as profligate in front of goal as their neighbours from Leith were last weekend. It would be nice to have Christ resurrected for this one!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seethe could never be as great as it was in may1981. Hearts needed a win to clinch promotion to the premier division while sons were playing for nothing. Hearts 2-1 up at half time thought everything was going their way. Final score 5-2 to sons. A repeat of that glorious day will do nicely

Good point - I wake up every morning absolutely beeling about that dreadful day in May 1981. :(

couldn't even have told you what division Hearts were playing in in 1981. :lol:

Guys, it's really hard to keep track of all the things I'm supposed to be seething about when curve balls like games 10 years before I was born are being thrown into the mix.

We need some kind of manifest here.

The seethe could never be as great as it was in may1981. Hearts needed a win to clinch promotion to the premier division while sons were playing for nothing. Hearts 2-1 up at half time thought everything was going their way. Final score 5-2 to sons. A repeat of that glorious day will do nicely

^^^Still seething over the 1891 Cup final IMO

#amidoingthisright

Aye but he's ours.

Whats the word on gomis and wilson, will they be fit?

Any away fan friendly pubs near the ground?

Whats to be avoided at the pie stall?

Wilson is out mate, giving him a rest to make sure he's ok for the derby next week. It's likely Paterson will come in at right back and McGhee will shift to centre half. Think Gomis should be ok, but not heard that much about him.

Most boozers will be fine for away fans tbh. If you're getting the train there's a sports bar next to Haymarket station which is decent and has tv's for any earlier games, it's called Platform 5. Closer to Gorgie The Diggers is a cracking pub but gets really busy on match days, again most away fans are welcome.

Caley Sample Rooms is decent as well, and I think the Warders club in McLeod street has been given good feedback on here from away fans.

Aye but he's ours.

Whats the word on gomis and wilson, will they be fit? Hopefully not

Any away fan friendly pubs near the ground? Come on, ......friendly pubs in Gorgie?!!

Whats to be avoided at the pie stall? Um, pies?

Feeling just a wee hint of confidence about this game. We're the only team to take anything from the Jam Tarts so far.

I'm hoping we can be their bogey team this year.

I'll take another 0-0 thanks.

If you're going to bring up history at least get it right. In 1980/81 we were in the Premier but were relegated. You are thinking of the following season and in retrospect, it was the best thing that could have happened not going up as wee Doddie & Sandy took us up in style the next season.

Hearts fans, where's good to park for this? Is the Sainsburys car park being patrolled? Even if it was I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay any fines they issue you. Cheers

Never park there myself but I understand many supporters do without any problems.

Hearts fans, where's good to park for this? Is the Sainsburys car park being patrolled? Even if it was I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay any fines they issue you. Cheers

Never had a ticket parking in there. They can't enforce it anyway.

Don't park in there if you're wanting a quick getaway though as you can end up sitting waiting 15-20 minutes to get out due to the lights changing at super sonic speeds.

Never had a ticket parking in there. They can't enforce it anyway.

Don't park in there if you're wanting a quick getaway though as you can end up sitting waiting 15-20 minutes to get out due to the lights changing at super sonic speeds.

Cool man, thanks.

Cool man, thanks.

Also make sure you've given yourself plenty of time before the game as you'll need to walk all the way around the ground to get to your stand.

I've parked there loads too and never had an issue.

Archived