Morton v Ayr

Ayr need to get back to winning ways but this will be far from a walk in the park. This hasn't been a happy hunting ground for the past few years. Both clubs will be hoping for promotion this season so I expect a tightly contested match. If we have Peter Murphy back that will be a huge boost as he is undoubtedly the best centre back in this division. I have no doubts that Morton have improved since our meeting at Somerset however Ayr have enough quality to get a result.

Close game but I'm going for 1-0 Ayr , Donnelly to get back to scoring ways.

Would also like to add that this will be my preferred line up:

post-43636-14133903881886_thumb.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we play like we did in the second half against Dunfermline I reckon it'll be 1-1, Play like we did in the first half or even worse against Peterhead and they'll put a few past us with no reply.

Watched the 20s beat Morton 20 last night. Id be tempted to take them along with JP, Devlin and Forrest lol. I think its gonna be 1 win in 8 after this game im afraid. Hope not!!!

I'm interested that McGovern seems to be getting an easy time of it from Ayr fans. I'm really not convinced by him. He looks like a footballer, he's got a decent CV, but I'm not sure what he has contributed so far.

If I'm not mistaken he made his name down south as a pacy winger? He's 34 now and let's not forget he spent last season between a pub team (the same pub team Murphy was with, admittedly) and Derry City but hardly played.

I think I'd ask him to play on the right, drop Gilmour back into midfield and play Forrest centrally off the striker if we're going to play 4411.

I'm interested that McGovern seems to be getting an easy time of it from Ayr fans. I'm really not convinced by him. He looks like a footballer, he's got a decent CV, but I'm not sure what he has contributed so far.

If I'm not mistaken he made his name down south as a pacy winger? He's 34 now and let's not forget he spent last season between a pub team (the same pub team Murphy was with, admittedly) and Derry City but hardly played.

I think I'd ask him to play on the right, drop Gilmour back into midfield and play Forrest centrally off the striker if we're going to play 4411.

I haven't seen any real pace from him which is why i presume he is playing centrally now.

I think his positioning and passing are largely good but i don't think any of the experienced players should be getting as easy a time as they are just now.

Seems Gilmour who take all the blame bizarrely for everything

Watched the 20s beat Morton 20 last night. Id be tempted to take them along with JP, Devlin and Forrest lol. I think its gonna be 1 win in 8 after this game im afraid. Hope not!!!

Yep, you should definitely play your laughably overrated youth diddies against our mediocre senior outfit: we could really do with a fifth home win a row now, given we're actually an abysmal football team.

Kitty i think he gives us a bit of presence on the pitch. Hes got a bit of bite as well. Id like to see him further forward mind you, probably just swapping with Gilmour who seems to have been asked to play off Donnelly.

Define 1) 'presence' and 2) 'bite'. Because outside of your fantasy island neither of those claims actually make any sense whatsoever.

If you reckon that he's a clogger, then just say so.

Dont you concern yourself about our players VikingSON. Sums up how much you know about the game when your asking me to define bite and presence in footballing terms. Did you play fitba yourself ??? :blink:

I read that and got a beamer for you. Truly dreadful post.

Archived