The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

6 hours ago, The Master said:

Anyone on here live near Bellgrove station and missing a shed?

Naw. But mine in ML1 is a goner barring some surgery to fix a some brackets that have snapped. 

RIP shed October 23-Jan 24?

D408C534-16BF-4557-AD39-9994423F2278.jpeg

IMG_6625.jpeg

The flights just seemed to be flying around Europe seemingly at random like folk driving round a busy car park. 

Look, there's a space! It's in Hamburg, but it's as close as we're going to get and I'm not driving round again. You'll have to walk a bit further, that's all.

That was crazy last night, despite ear plugs I was wakened at around 3 a loud bang and with what was like a full on assault on the front of the house (faces north west).  Got back to sleep after it died down and slept until 8. Had a look outside and luckily no damage visible, though I haven't seen my chimney yet. Prabably ok as there is no debris. Has to be the strongest storm to hit the Highlands in 20 years.

Nothing yet in the news from around Scotland about much structural damage to buildings. Seen the picture of a property's boundary wall that came down at Queen's Street Station low-level and quite a few trees down all over the country, Dundee I heard was bad for that, is Dundee still with us? This storm certainly had a taste for eating garden sheds and snapping wooden gates. Very little news from around the Highlands and Moray yet apart from no trains. Fortunately in Inverness we didn't lose any power.

b9b93458-54c2-4fc7-9cdc-04cd56bd7763.jpg.1032df1347327d4d60d50f0c35abb30f.jpg

10 hours ago, 101 said:

Provided you don't have anything important on tonight then it's a class free trip to Paris

I strongly suspect they'll be In airport hotels,if theyre lucky,awaiting the shout to get back in the air,doubt they'll be hanging out at pavement cafes

Edited by highlandmac

8 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

The noise of this b*****d wind is keeping me awake.

There was one moment in the early hours where it was ominously silent for a moment followed by the loudest gust I've ever heard

17 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

That was crazy last night, despite ear plugs I was wakened at around 3 a loud bang and with what was like a full on assault on the front of the house (faces north west).  Got back to sleep after it died down and slept until 8. Had a look outside and luckily no damage visible, though I haven't seen my chimney yet. Prabably ok as there is no debris. Has to be the strongest storm to hit the Highlands in 20 years.

Nothing yet in the news from around Scotland about much structural damage to buildings. Seen the picture of a property's boundary wall that came down at Queen's Street Station low-level and quite a few trees down all over the country, Dundee I heard was bad for that, is Dundee still with us? This storm certainly had a taste for eating garden sheds and snapping wooden gates. Very little news from around the Highlands and Moray yet apart from no trains. Fortunately in Inverness we didn't lose any power.

b9b93458-54c2-4fc7-9cdc-04cd56bd7763.jpg.1032df1347327d4d60d50f0c35abb30f.jpg

In Dundee this morning I saw bin that had rolled into the front of a car.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

In Dundee this morning I saw bin that had rolled into the front of a car.

No confirmation yet that the city of Dundee hasn't been blown all the way to Germany???

59 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

No confirmation yet that the city of Dundee hasn't been blown all the way to Germany???

I can confirm Dundee is still where its meant to be.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd have preferred to have woken up in Germany this morning.

34 minutes ago, HTG said:

84 year old killed in Grangemouth. Or Grangemouth, Fife to give it its full BBC title 

Terrible news but good to see Grangemouth has been returned to close to where it originally was. Still needs to be shuffled a wee bit along the ground as its now in Falkirk.