mark roberts

ayr

Lachlan needs to address the fact the manager is becoming a hate figure, which, when you are running a business that relies on people leaving their house in all weathers to part with their cash and be willing to do that 18+ times a season is going to have an effect on running that business.

A thread started on the honest page looking for Roberts to be sacked in September 2012 and its been revived about once a month since, 3 different seasons have resulted in the same outcome(although at the moment we are showing relegation form) and it was clear about this time last year that Roberts wasn't going to learn from his mistakes, players were going backwards and crowds were dropping. Its now November 2014 and any hope of a successful season will be gone before Xmas.

What will tempt stay away supporters back? a relegation fight? coordinated by a manager who is squaring up to fans and saying he doesn't need them to like him and a stay-away chairman with a finger no where near the pulse with frequent bouts of naivety when it comes to running a football club?

The club has invested a lot in the playing squad this year and done well to tie players to longer contracts, many of them full time and there is a real possibility crowds could be as low as 500 going forward because fans know there is no point in going to Somerset to demonstrate because Cameron wont be there along with Kirkwood or Torrie

I wonder how long he'll keep topping up soft loans before he finally sacks Roberts

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Roberts. I especially like his tactic of waving through Pars midfielders and inviting them to take pot shots from around the box whenever you come to East End Park. We wouldn't be slumming it in third place if every manager adopted his bold approach.

I like Roberts. I especially like his tactic of waving through Pars midfielders and inviting them to take pot shots from around the box whenever you come to East End Park. We wouldn't be slumming it in third place if every manager adopted his bold approach.

You don't need to tackle in the modern game, apparently.

I can understand the frustration from Ayr fans. I saw them against Hurlford in pre-season, and although comfortably winning that day they were poor. Suddenly they fire a great run together, and in the highlights I saw looked very dangerous. Then against Killie in the cup they were quite impressive, although how much of that was down to Roberts and how much was down to the adrenaline of a big game is up for debate. So there are signs that there's a good manager in there somewhere, just maybe not at Ayr United if the fans aren't buying him any longer.

Hopefully they turn it around though and start pushing to get higher up the divisions.

True. Not that it'd make much difference to Lachlan. He'll not be there anyway...

It will when he starts getting red flags all over the clubs accounts, which surely must be starting to appear the way the crowd has been dropping off.

Players that are dying to play for Roberts????

Lachlan needs to sack whoever is telling him this crap.

The only player dying to play for Roberts is McLaughlin as it's the only way he will get a game in the Senior ranks.

Should of read the players that hate Roberts and now take great pleasure in playing/scoring against us each week!

McAuasland, Buchannan, Malcolm, Trouten, G Smith are a few that come to mind!

I can understand the frustration from Ayr fans. I saw them against Hurlford in pre-season, and although comfortably winning that day they were poor. Suddenly they fire a great run together, and in the highlights I saw looked very dangerous. Then against Killie in the cup they were quite impressive, although how much of that was down to Roberts and how much was down to the adrenaline of a big game is up for debate. So there are signs that there's a good manager in there somewhere, just maybe not at Ayr United if the fans aren't buying him any longer.

Hopefully they turn it around though and start pushing to get higher up the divisions.

It's got to the stage where I honestly do not want him to turn it around. The people who called for him to be sacked in 2012 were far too premature, but here we are with zero progress made 2 years later.

I loved Mark Roberts as a player and am genuinely gutted the way things have turned out. Those who used to cheer his name now can't stomach him, and it feels like all the good he did in an Ayr shirt is being totally cancelled out by his delusion that he is the man to take Ayr United forward as a manager.

We need a fresh start, the fans all know it and I think deep down Roberts knows it, but he's hardly gonna give up the only job he'll get in senior football. If Lachlan doesn't waken up now, that's the 2013-14 season down the drain.

That's where I do have some sympathy for Roberts. What's he supposed to do - walk out on a wage when he has no hope of another job? None of us would do that in the real world, so it's unfair to expect it of him.

But all we've got now is a guy hanging around waiting to be sacked. He knows it's coming...we know it's coming...and deep down the board know they have to do it. All this pissing around and talk about statements made in the summer is just an insult.

See this whole debate is a waste of time. Personally, I lost all faith in anything involving Ayr United a long time ago. This happened to me due to constant disappointment and lack of interest coming from the people who run the club.

I read daily, the passion from the supporters who are crying out for Roberts to go, not because they hate Roberts, but because the whole thing has gone stale and desperation for change has set in. Roberts himself has turned this into a ''the fans hate me but I don't care'' situation, but in reality it's just the passion of the fans taking over and as he is the manager he gets it in the neck. Unfortunately, I knew the chairman wouldn't do anything. It's too much hassle for him to sack Roberts and look for someone to replace him. He knows things are bad, f*ck Roberts himself knows things are bad, but absolutely nothing will get done about it. At the moment anyway. If things get any worse and we go even further down the table, say into the relegation places, then if he doesn't do anything then, then that'll show everyone that supports the club that he really can't be arsed & that the club doesn't deserve their support. However, with the players we've got & this break coming up, I don't expect our position to get any worse. Mid-table obscurity suits the board, means things can tick along nicely without any hassle. They are looking to run the club with the least amount of disruption and hassle possible. Constant bombarding from fans to get Roberts sacked will not changed this, he just ignores the messages/emails.

Archived