Heart of Midlothian v Raith Rovers, 08/11/2014

Thought the reaction to McKay being hooked was way over the top, it was a positive change!

McKay should never have been the one to come off though. Why not take Scott or Moon or Fox off instead.

The booing just illustrates how much he has lost the support. That's three games in a row that there has been that sort of reaction to his substitutions. It's becoming part of the match day experience now.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mugged a bit. Certainly not what we all expected. Agree with Yoss that perhaps the goal changed the way the game went, but Hearts really were woeful in the second half.

Can only assume Nade wasn't fit but felt we should've went hell for leather late on.

Much better performance that we really need to build on. Thought the reaction to McKay being hooked was way over the top, it was a positive change!

Certainly didn't think we'd be gutted not to take something. And certainly didn't think McGurn would be the reason we didn't.

Can someone ad some perspective here? I thought that he had one of his better days.

Have we? Where?

Not the fans but Neilson was talking about trying things out against Rovers and Falkirk to prepare for the Rangers match, and Walker was talking about Rangers today as well in the press. Bit disrespectful to say the least.

Thought we'd lose by five or six after the goal went in but left wondering what might have been. Bewildered as to why Nade wasn't chucked on for last 5 or 10 minutes to see what might have happened. Might as well risk losing 2-0 on the off-chance of sneaking a point. Once we got in about Hearts they looked nothing special at all which makes it all the more galling.

Pleased with the effort though, particularly second half.

Reminded me of our performance at Easter Road without us scoring.

Disappointed to lose by just the one goal, but maybe we can lose the "aw but aw the other teams put up a better fight against the big teams, why can't we pish!!"

Well, as far as Hearts are concerned we were poor given the standards we have set ourselves. I think that's the worst I've seen us this year albeit I missed dumbarton away, we had plenty possession but no penetration at all. For me this was down to The fullbacks being to negative and not doing enough offensively and The poor movement and hold up play of our offensive players will El hass again looking poor. I don't think we were unlucky to win as we were the better side despite needing a goalkeeping error to win (I've not seen a replay yet).

Raith didn't offer much but defended well enough their CH's weren't really troubled and I felt we should've pressured Thomson as he has a tendency to dive in.

The ref! I thought he was very reluctant to get a yellow out, there was a couple of "robust" challenges from rovers that went unpunished and I felt Gomis got away with a blatant shirt pull when he was already booked.

A win while playing badly is not to be scoffed at.

It must be class having a player who's like Gomis. He keeps the ball well, makes simple passes but is street-wise and a dirty b*****d in his tackles.

He's not a dirty player! Far from it, he does make fouls when needed and like I said above probably lucky not to have a second yellow. His first touch and his composure are fantastic, he keeps the team ticking. He's our makelele and fast becoming one of my favourite players in a Hearts shirt.

Thought we were very poor, but were still the better team. Rovers didn't really create anything, but neither did we. Was amazed how many around me were having a real go at Hearts. I'll take a 1-0 win every week. Some seem to be getting too used to us destroying teams at home. One bloke in particular was having a real go at us not getting the ball forward near the end, when we were keeping possession when down to 10 men! Having been at Linlithgow last week, I didn't think this looked like the same Raith team, although was amazed Conroy didn't start given I thought he was their best player last week.

There's going to be days like that yesterday. As great as it would be to batter everyone by 3 or 4 goals it simply won't happen over the distance. We won though, and that's all that matters.

What happened to the fantastic atmosphere we were promised at Tynecastle? If I'd closed my eyes I could have been at Ibrox or Parkhead. One big cheer when you scored then the remainder of the match spent sitting on your hands occasionally howling to the ref.

What happened to the fantastic atmosphere we were promised at Tynecastle? If I'd closed my eyes I could have been at Ibrox or Parkhead. One big cheer when you scored then the remainder of the match spent sitting on your hands occasionally howling to the ref.

It was a run of the mill league game in shite weather. What were you expecting?

Archived