Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Biology for me. I was far and away the best pupil in the class - ffs I now have a degree and a doctorate in biochemistry! The teacher, Mr Beasley was the one who inspired me. Excellent guy.

Weeks before the end of term he left, replaced by Mr Haddow. Mr Haddow decided who was put forward for the award and chose a guy nicknamed Curriewanka (nickname by me, after this award). Why? No idea. Think he just chose someone at random.

As a biology boffin, how essential is the knowledge of how osmosis works, in day to day life?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed in the local rag that my old school has an award ceremony that included categories such as 'best hair', 'best smile', and 'Hollywood heartthrob'. I'd say it's pretty galling that an place of education should facilitate such a petty popularity contest, but it's actually quite a good (accidental) satire on all school prize givings.

I noticed in the local rag that my old school has an award ceremony that included categories such as 'best hair', 'best smile', and 'Hollywood heartthrob'. I'd say it's pretty galling that an place of education should facilitate such a petty popularity contest, but it's actually quite a good (accidental) satire on all school prize givings.

Best hair?

Fuzzy.... surely you won that one? :lol:

Aye but do they offer prestigious awards to certain pupils?

Graffiti artist of the year. Not the most pleasing if artwork but it may gain extra marks for punctuality.

Biology for me. I was far and away the best pupil in the class - ffs I now have a degree and a doctorate in biochemistry! The teacher, Mr Beasley was the one who inspired me. Excellent guy.

Weeks before the end of term he left, replaced by Mr Haddow. Mr Haddow decided who was put forward for the award and chose a guy nicknamed Curriewanka (nickname by me, after this award). Why? No idea. Think he just chose someone at random.

I feel your pain, that really is terribly unfair.

I also went to school with Willian from Chelsea so sadly missed out on best hair.

Archived