Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05s7n0b/scotland-2015-23042015

I wouldn't say Smith "wiped the floor" with him, so much as let him prattle on about absolutely anything except the question he'd been directly asked with an increasingly bemused expression on her face for twenty minutes. The highlight was when he was directly asked why it was that the party had gotten *less* popular since he was put in charge and after skirting around it half a dozen times proceeded to state that the party had gotten its confidence back, making her nearly laugh.

Murphy simply did not answer one question put to him, and his idea that an incumbent MP with a 10000 majority is somehow an underdog is notable only because it's far from the most batshit mental statement to escape from his weirdly shaped mouth.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely dont think he is well. He has aged dramatically

Shades of Davie Moyes at Old Trafford. Pressure takes its toll. I think he may have actually taken the fawning press at face value with the impact of his irnbru indyref tour which led to believe that he could effectively take on the SNP. More fool him.

Looks like even the SLAB munchkins are deserting him, sure there's less of them today.

I have yet to see a single objective comment in the MSM about his stage managing of events on a daily basis, surrounded by the same group of 'activists' wherever he goes. All positioned to make it look like they are far more substantial in numbers.

If anyone had suggested four or five years ago that this is how Labour would be carrying out a major election campaign in Scotland they would have been laughed at.

I have yet to see a single objective comment in the MSM about his stage managing of events on a daily basis, surrounded by the same group of 'activists' wherever he goes. All positioned to make it look like they are far more substantial in numbers.

If anyone had suggested four or five years ago that this is how Labour would be carrying out a major election campaign in Scotland they would have been laughed at.

The location is bizarre aswell. It's across the road from my work and the footfall is minimal.

Probably didn't fancy getting a pasting from actual voters again tbh.

The location is bizarre aswell. It's across the road from my work and the footfall is minimal.

Probably didn't fancy getting a pasting from actual voters again tbh.

His campaign has nothing to do with meeting people. It is simply a daily photo op for the media. I mean that in all seriousness.

He is far more likely to get hassled in busy areas and that reduces his chances of controlling the spin and the hype, so he will go to areas where he can crowd his minions around him; do his 'SNP is baaaad' bit for the cameras and move on.

Has no one told him how stale and repetitive his comments are? Has he been told but doesn't accept it? Is he just going through the motions because he can't be seen to have just given up (won't look good on his CV)?

His campaign has nothing to do with meeting people. It is simply a daily photo op for the media. I mean that in all seriousness.

He is far more likely to get hassled in busy areas and that reduces his chances of controlling the spin and the hype, so he will go to areas where he can crowd his minions around him; do his 'SNP is baaaad' bit for the cameras and move on.

Has no one told him how stale and repetitive his comments are? Has he been told but doesn't accept it? Is he just going through the motions because he can't be seen to have just given up (won't look good on his CV)?

I genuinley think he is oblivious to criticism and direction. He's a bizarre piece of work.

The leader of the Scottish Labour Party is holding camera events in the country's major cities. He has to provide his own crowd, and the location is kept secret from everyone except the attending journalists to stop the event from getting outnumbered by protesters.

Look at that paragraph, and imagine any other point in the last 80 years when it could apply.

You can normally tell from the reaction of opposition goons how they feel about someone. So from that point of view, the NCC are a bit worried about Murphy. It will be the first time that Labour have had a leader with any ability whatsoever since Dewars days and they have an untried leader themselves as well as losing the one politician they had who was actually fairly able.

post-35247-14298897836343_thumb.jpg

post-35247-14298897586045_thumb.jpg

post-35247-14298898787375_thumb.jpg

I hope he gets it. He's a good politician, a good man and come from the same wing of the party as I do. He will do well. It's amusing how scared the Nats on twitter seem to be about him becoming leader. Despite the complete mess Labour are in in Scotland you can see how frightened they are of a decent leader of Scottish Labour coming to the fore.

:lol:

Archived