Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Renfrewshire-East-April-2015.HST-Full-tables.pdf

This is the tabs from the latest Ashcroft poll. Table 7 shows the 3% lead but it takes in certain assumptions that reduces the 6% lead from the previous table.

I assume Ashcroft knows what he's doing but it seems a big shift. On the plus side it looks like he's outlining what the best possible scenario is for Murphy at this stage, and that best possible scenario is still 3% behind.

I don't know if the Greens are fielding a candidate there but I'd take a bit of anti-Murphy tactical voting from them.

Source for that? Remember checking it and as long as he intends to stand for First Minister in 2016 I'm sure he's allowed to remain leader, even if he loses his Westminster seat.

If you want to go trawling for the article feel free but it was a couple of months ago, but this is from the Sunday Herald on the 19th April

Meanwhile, a daily newspaper claimed yesterday that Murphy, who was elected leader in December, has commissioned legal advice on whether he can stay in post if he loses his seat.

Parliamentarians stand to be Scottish Labour leader, but the rules are silent on what happens in the event of the post-holder no longer being in either Holyrood or Westminster.

It will be a major fudge if he is allowed to stay. But when it comes down to it, the argument is redundant as he will be forced to quit anyway. Win or lose.

Scottish Labour will be looking for a new leader on Friday Morning

Looks like the Liberal Democrats standing a candidate here could keep Jim Murphy out of Westminster.

If this happens, you can thank me all later.

Serious question. How do you think the LibDem vote would split if you weren't contesting the seat?

Labour, who thought it would be a good idea to freeze energy prices just before the wholesale price plummeted, and want to means test Winter fuel payments and the free TV license for the over 75's, meaning forms that they won't understand and won't fill in while they freeze listening to the wireless. Good news for next referendum though.

Looks like the Liberal Democrats standing a candidate here could keep Jim Murphy out of Westminster.

If this happens, you can thank me all later.

Hope you're out there strongly advising all these Tory and Labour voters to back Lib Dem.

Serious question. How do you think the LibDem vote would split if you weren't contesting the seat?

It would benefit Jim put it that way.

Hope you're out there strongly advising all these Tory and Labour voters to back Lib Dem.

I'm out there strongly advising everyone to vote Lib Dem. Some are more prepared to entertain it than others.

Just because things that are this wrong, should never be forgotten. We haven't seen it for a page or two

You can normally tell from the reaction of opposition goons how they feel about someone. So from that point of view, the NCC are a bit worried about Murphy. It will be the first time that Labour have had a leader with any ability whatsoever since Dewars days and they have an untried leader themselves as well as losing the one politician they had who was actually fairly able.

Are many people mentioning tactical voting on the doors?

Yes, mainly self-identifying Tories, but also some generally anti-SNP folk. Tactical voters breaking exclusively for Murphy. Among those actively self-identifying as Labour, quite a few are in the "would be undecided but for the fact the SNP could win here" camp.

The SNP vote is pretty much a straight-up identity one or "I've voted Labour all my life but..." types.

Archived