Queens v Dumbarton

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a stonewall foul, a stonewall penalty, and you got away with a stonewall red card.

Feel free to carry on greeting about a minor incident that had no baring on the game if it makes you happy though.

Cammy, this is an all-too-familiar trait with some Sons fans, witness the recent penalty decision for Rangers which ultimately affected hee-haw.

Anyway, this was a pish result for us and I'm afraid it's been coming - the shortcomings though have been masked by the quality of the opposition in the last four games, when nothing was really expected.

Someone mentioned regression; not so much that, more that last season was truly exceptional by our standards, but fatally (in my opinion) Ian Murray was way too quick in re-signing too many of that squad. And with no certainty that on-loan Chris Kane, the only natural goalscorer we currently have, will actually wear a Sons shirt again we may need to get the finger out in January to try and stay in the division.

Fair play to those Sons posters who have been brutally honest in their assessment - I'll be interested in Ian Murray's take on things.

Christ I'd hate to hear you when Queens lose.

You do realise there's a fair amount of irony in your last sentence given your post...

Well you're not going to find out on a Queens vs Dumbarton thread are you?

Try the Hibs one next week!

Hope you're right.

I said it earlier on in the season, and for the whole of last and I'll say it again. Queens are the one of the best teams in the league. Last season they impressed me more than anyone else and this year I've only been more impressed by Hearts (and even they dropped points to us!)

Good win by Queens - this is type of game we go along maybe expecting to win but usually find out we get beat i.e. Cowdenbeath esq earlier in season.

Thought we played with the ball more on the deck this week and had some cracking moves with ball to feet, movement and pace. Unfortunately when it does not come off it makes the players involved look awlful

Queens should finish top 4 comfortably, by far the best team we've played this season (minus Hertz away).

I felt it was always between Queens and Falkirk but judging by their showing so far they wont really threaten.

That's twice we've been pumped without QOS getting out of 1st gear, nevermind 2nd.

I'll swap you Nish for Russell?

Mark Kerr once again superb as was Dowie

Kerr was decidedly ropey I thought.

He clearly has class and is one of those clever players who can find time and space in the middle of a frantic pitch. He was terribly casual though today and his passing was sloppy, as was his touch at times.

With more care and urgency he could play at a much better level. I can understand why he didn't remain there though.

Kerr was decidedly ropey I thought. He clearly has class and is one of those clever players who can find time and space in the middle of a frantic pitch. He was terribly casual though today and his passing was sloppy, as was his touch at times. With more care and urgency he could play at a much better level. I can understand why he didn't remain there though.

You are repeating yoursel' the nicht auld son :)

Cammy, this is an all-too-familiar trait with some Sons fans, witness the recent penalty decision for Rangers which ultimately affected hee-haw.

Anyway, this was a pish result for us and I'm afraid it's been coming - the shortcomings though have been masked by the quality of the opposition in the last four games, when nothing was really expected.

Someone mentioned regression; not so much that, more that last season was truly exceptional by our standards, but fatally (in my opinion) Ian Murray was way too quick in re-signing too many of that squad. And with no certainty that on-loan Chris Kane, the only natural goalscorer we currently have, will actually wear a Sons shirt again we may need to get the finger out in January to try and stay in the division.

Fair play to those Sons posters who have been brutally honest in their assessment - I'll be interested in Ian Murray's take on things.

Says one of the whingiest, negative, most boring p***ks ever to pay into a Sons game.

Kerr wasn't at his unplayable best, but his performance was a vast improvement on the last game. I thought McShane had a better game of the two, but the partnership continues to work well (Livi blip aside).

Durnan was a worthy motm, but it was one of those where everyone played a 7/10 with no one really standing out.

I would have to say Dumbarton are definetly the worst team to play Queens as oppostion so far this season ,never at the race's and the south never had to get out of second gear to have an easy victory! Looks like they could be in trouble to stay in this league come May!

I would have to say Dumbarton are definetly the worst team to play Queens as oppostion so far this season ,never at the race's and the south never had to get out of second gear to have an easy victory! Looks like they could be in trouble to stay in this league come May!

Miss the Elgin game, did we?

Kerr was decidedly ropey I thought. He clearly has class and is one of those clever players who can find time and space in the middle of a frantic pitch. He was terribly casual though today and his passing was sloppy, as was his touch at times. With more care and urgency he could play at a much better level. I can understand why he didn't remain there though.

I wouldnt go as far as ropey but I would agree some of his passing today was too casual and sloppy. As I said earlier though, I think he contributed more than enough defensively to merit at least a "decent"

Agree completely with Cammy, McShane was the better of the two, narrowly my MOM

Archived