Mighty Killie vs S.hitey County

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barr is out for the season.....??? Surely not

Yep, another one to add to our list of 'players who's bones and muscles are held together by shit and sellotape'.

Real shame for him, had played a role in making us look like an actual football team these last couple months.

Sorry hit the red button in error. I know you have a Barra Jag-esque obsession about dots, so I'll greenie another post of yours to make up for it.

I've given you a green dot for honesty.

Now here's my more substantial (although a .gif will sometimes suffice) thoughts on the game:

Terrific team performance from County. There were 3 or 4 players you could single out as MOTM contenders (who actually won it though?) and the "front four" worked very well together, it was great to see.

Carey - the best player on the park and hopefully he gets an extended run in the #10 role.

Dingwall - tremendous work from him. A good player and he wasn't afraid to take his man on, and he didn't neglect the defensive side of things getting back and helping Brittain out. He's strange running style works in his favour when he takes defenders on, and I'm hoping that this is the start of an extended run in the team for him.

Gardyne - he looks like the player County had in the First Division title winning season, running at players and causing problems.

Jervis - he surprised me with his work-rate and he pulled defenders all over the place, creating space for the three behind him.

Reckord looks like a decent player and he's quite an attacking full-back. Woods and Irvine played well together, with Irvine having another good game - it's such a cliche to call him a "box to box" midfielder but I can't think of another way to describe him. Brittain was steady at right-back but Johnston did cause him some problems. A strong looking bench as well, with Arquin, Kiss, Maatsen, Boyce, and Frempah all left on the sidelines.

Kilmarnock were rubbish for the most part and just resorted to cynical fouls when they couldn't get a hold on things. County were simply better all over the park - particularly in midfield, where they strolled it. Eremenko is obviously a talented player but he's lazy and it must be soul destroying for him to have Jamie Hamill (a hopeless player who, bless him, tries his best to be a hardman) as his partner in midfield.

Promising signs from a County perspective and McIntyre is starting to have a positive influence on the park. It's good to slightly reduce the goal difference as well. Still, it's imperative that County capitalise on this after the international break, preferably by beating St. Johnstone on the 22nd.

I've given you a green dot for honesty.

Now here's my more substantial (although a .gif will sometimes suffice) thoughts on the game:

Terrific team performance from County. There were 3 or 4 players you could single out as MOTM contenders (who actually won it though?) and the "front four" worked very well together, it was great to see.

Carey - the best player on the park and hopefully he gets an extended run in the #10 role.

Dingwall - tremendous work from him. A good player and he wasn't afraid to take his man on, and he didn't neglect the defensive side of things getting back and helping Brittain out. He's strange running style works in his favour when he takes defenders on, and I'm hoping that this is the start of an extended run in the team for him.

Gardyne - he looks like the player County had in the First Division title winning season, running at players and causing problems.

Jervis - he surprised me with his work-rate and he pulled defenders all over the place, creating space for the three behind him.

Reckord looks like a decent player and he's quite an attacking full-back. Woods and Irvine played well together, with Irvine having another good game - it's such a cliche to call him a "box to box" midfielder but I can't think of another way to describe him. Brittain was steady at right-back but Johnston did cause him some problems. A strong looking bench as well, with Arquin, Kiss, Maatsen, Boyce, and Frempah all left on the sidelines.

Kilmarnock were rubbish for the most part and just resorted to cynical fouls when they couldn't get a hold on things. County were simply better all over the park - particularly in midfield, where they strolled it. Eremenko is obviously a talented player but he's lazy and it must be soul destroying for him to have Jamie Hamill (a hopeless player who, bless him, tries his best to be a hardman) as his partner in midfield.

Promising signs from a County perspective and McIntyre is starting to have a positive influence on the park. It's good to slightly reduce the goal difference as well. Still, it's imperative that County capitalise on this after the international break, preferably by beating St. Johnstone on the 22nd.

Can't argue with anything their except Hamill isn't a midfielder. He flourished at KIllie at right back and especially with Eremenko pulling the strings but our dear leader wouldn't know that.

Up until the first goal the game was pretty even, Mckenzie and Magennis both missed good chances. Afterwards we didn't look like scoring or making anything. As woeful a performance as i've seen from us in a long time.

County deserved the win and it was 100% guaranteed that Gardyne and irvine had a hand in the goals.

Archived