UKIP

Im_Rodger

The devil in me wants Farage to win Thanet South.

I don't like the man or his policies but there's no denying I was as rainbow a parliament as possible and Farage can undoubtedly bring an extra dimension to the house that his local opponents Joe Tory and Lizzie the Labourite could never dream of. Same reason I was Galloway to win in Bradford, Dr Taylor in Kidderminster and Caroline Lucas & Natalie Bennett in the Green target seats.

The devil in me wants Farage to win Thanet South.

I don't like the man or his policies but there's no denying I was as rainbow a parliament as possible and Farage can undoubtedly bring an extra dimension to the house that his local opponents Joe Tory and Lizzie the Labourite could never dream of. Same reason I was Galloway to win in Bradford, Dr Taylor in Kidderminster and Caroline Lucas & Natalie Bennett in the Green target seats.

Think he has a good chance of sneaking in purely due to the fact there are high Labour and Tory percentages in South Thanet, meaning there isn't a specific party that people would necessarily switch to in order to vote tactically as both Labour and Tories will be saying that they can win the seat.

So that's another UKIP member suspended for threatening to kill a Tory for being Asian.

I've lost count now how times they've now had to suspend members for racist comments.

Think he has a good chance of sneaking in purely due to the fact there are high Labour and Tory percentages in South Thanet, meaning there isn't a specific party that people would necessarily switch to in order to vote tactically as both Labour and Tories will be saying that they can win the seat.

Same thing that's benefitting the SNP in Berwickshire, D&G and Argyll & Bute

A vote for the greens registers one more voice for those who wish to steer society away from capitalism, away from destroying the planet, towards social justice, and towards leaving the world a better place for future generations.

I see those as benefits - and while some of them won't benefit me personally, I suspect that might be some indication of a difference in our moral stances. An indication which I'd suggest doesn't reflect too well on you.

I see those as semi worthy if deluded student type aspirations, but as far as a national election goes they are just dreams. But I assume you'll have invested in panels and taken your house off the grid, like me? No? Though not. Do you also give to charity monthly like me? No... ? I give over a fairly substantial amount to three charities via direct debit because I care about certain issues like animal welfare and cancer research. You people think you have some kind monopoly on morality because you put a cross on a Green party box once every five years, don't make me laugh,

I see those as semi worthy if deluded student type aspirations, but as far as a national election goes they are just dreams. But I assume you'll have invested in panels and taken your house off the grid, like me? No? Though not. Do you also give to charity monthly like me? No... ? I give over a fairly substantial amount to three charities via direct debit because I care about certain issues like animal welfare and cancer research. You people think you have some kind monopoly on morality because you put a cross on a Green party box once every five years, don't make me laugh,

Dick out, waving it furiously!

And now the Conservative and Unionist Party? Then the UKIP.

The majority of the best politicians are in the SNP. Its not by chance they poll the % they do. Its not new, its been building over the last 10years. The parliament that was supposed to surpress has instead empowered. The times are changing, time will tell if that is a good or bad thing.

Kindly name these talents and let me laugh at them one by one. Let me guess, Humza is on your list? Humza the perma offended Muslim with the bag of McCains on each shoulder to give him balance.

How can you be serious? You vote SNP. The talent in your party is on par with a Beiber impersonator convention.

Come on then. Apart from Nige, who are the talented ones in UKIP?

Who is standing for UKIP in your constituency and what is his (or possibly her) background?

Edited by Scary Bear

1. As far as possible, we run our lives sustainably. Ever wonder about the resources used in producing those lovely panels?

2. I have always contributed money, time and energy to worthwhile causes. Once all the kids have homes and full bellies I'll start worrying about the animals, if that's OK by you.

3. Care to remind me where I said I have previously voted Green?

Suzanne Evans, Steven Wolfe, Patrick O'Flynn, Amjid Bashir, Louise Bours, Mark Reckless, Douglas Carswell.

All have a teeny bit more gravitas than Mhairi Black.

I only had a quick Google through the first few names. Seem normal enough. Never heard of any of them, though.

As for oor Mhairi, I have no idea how a 20 year old gets picked as a candidate, but I suppose a parliament should be made up of all ages and of both sexes. It should also reflect more professions. An endless procession of lawyers, trade union reps and ex-councillors is not a good mix.

But I assume you'll have invested in panels and taken your house off the grid, like me? No? Though not. Do you also give to charity monthly like me? No... ? I give over a fairly substantial amount to three charities via direct debit because I care about certain issues like animal welfare and cancer research. You people think you have some kind monopoly on morality because you put a cross on a Green party box once every five years, don't make me laugh,

7dpGws3.gif

Down south UKIP seems to be an outlet for disenfranchised working class Tories who blame immigrants for their own failures in life, but the one or two I've met up here who are admitting they're going to vote for them have got that golf club bore vibe about them - the kind that tell you how much their house cost more or less directly after telling you their name.