Getting Autographs at Rugby Park

I think that he means less than 50% of the entire population voted no.

In every democratic election ever held in the history of this planet I am willing to bet 3 shillings and 6 pence that not every single person who was entitled to vote did so. In a democracy you have the freedom of choice , why some didn't vote in the referendum is indeed a shame but it's my supposition that more no voters didn't vote than yes voters . It's an interesting and slightly skewed view that's being taken and one that the losers often state as a reason for their failure but the fact remains of those that voted the majority said no , I didn't vote in the X factor and I'm pinging that Alex is out but the fault is all mine but I don't suppose his supporters who were in the minority will be uber pedantic with my ? They're not that petty

There are 4.3m registered voters in Scotland,46% of them chose to stay in the Union. How is this Scotland voting No?

Using your method the 1.6m who voted yes equals 37% of the population that CHOSE to vote the remaining 17% missed the opportunity leaving the majority of the population that voted saying no.

Again to use your method the present SNP government don't represent the majority of the population as they didn't get your required 2.15 m votes to get a clear majority to carry out their mandate . Therefore the referendum they called could be termed illegal ?

Statistics and figures can be manipulated for all nefarious purposes by pedants of all hues.

I should perhaps have added the codecil " under the present voting system and how it's counted " the majority .....etc etc . If you can get 100% of the population to vote in every election then I salute you and awards,accolades and fame await or a dictatorship . If you can't then I suggest you accept the flawed system we have at present and move on

Using your method the 1.6m who voted yes equals 37% of the population that CHOSE to vote the remaining 17% missed the opportunity leaving the majority of the population that voted saying no.

Again to use your method the present SNP government don't represent the majority of the population as they didn't get your required 2.15 m votes to get a clear majority to carry out their mandate . Therefore the referendum they called could be termed illegal ?

Not getting involved per se but this is shoddy logic considering that majority opinion does not necessarily represent legal legitimacy. I would have thought this particularly obvious given that at one time the SNP had a minority government.

Not getting involved per se but this is shoddy logic considering that majority opinion does not necessarily represent legal legitimacy. I would have thought this particularly obvious given that at one time the SNP had a minority government.

Shoddy logic............my point exactly.

When will the yes voters accept that they lost and like Alex Salmond move on . That's what democracy is all about ,if you don't like the outcome campaign for change.

If you live long enough you might just be able to say one day , I got exactly the outcome/government I voted for.

Doubt it mind you

Statistics and figures can be manipulated for all nefarious purposes by pedants of all hues.

I should perhaps have added the codecil " under the present voting system and how it's counted " the majority .....etc etc . If you can get 100% of the population to vote in every election then I salute you and awards,accolades and fame await or a dictatorship . If you can't then I suggest you accept the flawed system we have at present and move on

Scotland still didn't vote No though.

Any ACTUAL help or just yous ranting about the referendum? > :(

Give careful consideration to the question: is expending great time / money / effort in order to get the autographs of one of the most forgettable teams in world football really worth it?

You're welcome. 8)

Shoddy logic............my point exactly.

When will the yes voters accept that they lost and like Alex Salmond move on . That's what democracy is all about ,if you don't like the outcome campaign for change.

If you live long enough you might just be able to say one day , I got exactly the outcome/government I voted for.

Doubt it mind you

Except it wasn't your point, as griping about the result of a referendum has nothing to do with the legal basis of the referendum taking place itself.

Except it wasn't your point, as griping about the result of a referendum has nothing to do with the legal basis of the referendum taking place itself.

If only I wasn't using shoddy logic to demonstrate that point . I am aware that my logic has nothing to do with the legality of the referendum taking place

Archived