We Need To Talk About St. Johnstone vs. Ross County

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much this. We aren't going down, we aren't qualifying for Europe. Season is over if we lose next week. I don't really fancy playing dead rubbers for 5 months.

It's easy to say we aren't in danger of going down now because we have just opened up a 9 point gap. However if County had won yesterday it would have been 3 points. So far this season I have staunchly refused to talk about relegation to anyone who has mentioned it as a possibility but if we had lost that yesterday, it would've been difficult not to look down instead of up.

Personally I'm of the opinion that we can win both games and I'm now looking forward to watching next weeks game with the pressure off. To the club,maintaining top flight football long term is more important than winning the cup. It's not fair to criticise people who realise that is the reality.

Was bored so went on the County forum. The only real post after the match is hilarious reading. Surprised the guy could type through his tears. Apparently County should have had 3 penalties and that the ref was siding with us.

At least the County fans on here are a decent bunch, well since Tyler stopped posting anyway. Anyway where's Bunglebonce, I wanna hear his tictacs and thoughts in it. Always did like them.

Worrying about maintaining Premiership rather than thinking about winning cups is such a losers attitude.

Teams are more likely to win a cup if they are in the Premiership. Considering the two tend to go hand in hand, your point is about as short sighted as the one you are so vehemently criticising.

If you are sure we aren't getting relegated, then of course next week is the more important fixture. Unfortunately, I don't share that confidence, although yesterday was a significant win. I'd take three points against St Mirren over a win in the cup as well. I do accept though that if we were to beat St Mirren (12 point gap) but lose next week then we'd potentially not have much to play for pretty soon, as we aren't making the top six or Europe either.

We never really came to life until we went 2 down.

Cant argue with McIntyre picking the same starting 11 that battered Killie, but I think Arquin would have given us more up front.

Irvine, Woods and Carey can do much better.

Reckord and Dingwall did ok, as did Cardle when he came on, very bright.

Not much in either of the games v SJ this season, but they've beaten us twice, which is depressing.

Good curry pie.

Terrible referee.

If you are sure we aren't getting relegated, then of course next week is the more important fixture. Unfortunately, I don't share that confidence, although yesterday was a significant win. I'd take three points against St Mirren over a win in the cup as well. I do accept though that if we were to beat St Mirren (12 point gap) but lose next week then we'd potentially not have much to play for pretty soon, as we aren't making the top six or Europe either.

We are 3 points off 6th place and 9 points ahead of the bottom club. Even if Aberdeen win today we are closer to 5th than the bottom. There's no reason why we shouldn't be looking to finish in the top 6 rather than avoiding relegation, especially seeing that we have apparently come out of our horror spell.

Worrying about maintaining Premiership rather than thinking about winning cups is such a losers attitude.

Pretty one dimensional view, tbh. Staying the top league means we'll have a better sde than if we got relegated, and a better sde means we've more chance of success. Preferring to win one trophy than try and strive for sustained success is a worse attitude to me

Canny wait to go to the 25th anniversary dinner for the 99/00 team that finished 10th. Great days.

The 99/00 team finished 5th. The 00/01 vintage finished 10th. Don't think dinners are planned for either though there may be a finger buffet put on at some point.

Midge's tackle didn't look like a pen from what you could see. Even if the ref's view had been blocked the linesman had a perfect view of it and never even flinched.

Easton caught out at the County goal ball watching though. Disappointing.

Midge's tackle didn't look like a pen from what you could see. Even if the ref's view had been blocked the linesman had a perfect view of it and never even flinched.

I thought he was offside tbh. I know

It's tight, whilst Easton's solid and one of our better players. I can't help but think he's so much better when we're confidant and winning. He almost seems reluctant to push on incase his winger isn't covering.

I noticed the ref put his whistle to his mouth ut then waved play on, possibly waiting on his assistant to make the call. That linesman was utterly atrocious anyway

The tackle by Carey on millar was utterly disgusting! Carey was lucky still to be on the pitch after and millar was lucky he could still walk

Yeah it was pretty rash, Frazer Wright had a wee word with Carey as he passes him, can only imagine what was said :lol:

Archived