cowden v livi

When i looked at the team sheet i thought the same. Was stunned to then see Miller shifted to the left and Robbo at right back.

Get Gallacher up top. His trickery and Higgins nouse could tear into defences like Greg and Kane did last season. Miller has shown he can defend. Him and Kudus both have the pace to be wing-backs. Miller, Kudus and Gallacher would provide pace up front to worry any defence. Kudus would be the weak link defensively but Nat could help him out on the left. He has the awareness.

I'd prefer Fraser, Brownlie and Nat at the back. Brownlie is better in the air and quicker than TOB.

Any 3 of Robbo, TOB, Marshall and Milne in the middle. I would say Lewis is out of form at the moment so TOB would get the nod with Marshall more forward than he has been.

Good to see Brownlie managed to at least get off the bench yesterday for a change! Where did he play when he came on for Milne and how did he do? Must be difficult for him at the moment with his game time being limited this season. Anyone find out why he wasn't listed against Rovers last week?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Brownlie managed to at least get off the bench yesterday for a change! Where did he play when he came on for Milne and how did he do? Must be difficult for him at the moment with his game time being limited this season. Anyone find out why he wasn't listed against Rovers last week?

He played at CB, probably to counter the arial threat of Livi and did well.

ETA. Robbo was moved into midfield and Fraser went to right back and both also dud well. One of Jimmy's best substitutions in recent times as there was a clear idea behind it.

Obviously I'm not jenned up on whats happening at Almondvale, the quality of player available, loanees etc. I was at the Livi - Raith game and was surprised out how far your level had dropped, even knowing how McGlynn would take any flair out of the team. McGlynn has his strengths and weaknesses; you can expect total commitment from him (he was acting club janny when we were skint); at the Rangers game he stood for ages outside waiting for his neebur (a player by the looks of him when he eventually arrived) and went thru a terracing turnstile. You dont see that a lot. I'm not defending his football ethos, its not mine. I think he'll steady the ship tho. given time.

PS - I should have agreed with you on his team selections; he has pet players he sticks with thru thick and thin, and is slow to change tactics and players during a game. Murray has inherited the same faults, but even worse.

Oh yes, I hear of the work he does at the club and that is to be respected. No doubt a nice, hard-working guy but he's lost the dressing room and the performances we have been putting in have been nothing short of disgraceful. The squad he has assembled, with the exception of a few, is not bad and that's why I'm so angry we are in the position we are in, while the aforementioned shite few continue to play.

I'm disappointed to hear nothing more on his sacking. He needs emptied now before it is too late.

Hoping he walks. Plenty games left so Cowden, Alloa and Dumbarton are still in it along with Livi, McGlynn needs to go though.

Aye. Its gonna be a scrap at the bottom.

Thought it was a penalty on Kyle at time n highlights haven't changed my mind

No chance. Was easily at the ball first. He did catch Kyle but if that was awarded against us I'd be spewing. Don't even remember that happening during the game which is how much of a non event it was.

No chance. Was easily at the ball first. He did catch Kyle but if that was awarded against us I'd be spewing. Don't even remember that happening during the game which is how much of a non event it was.

Deliberately kicking an opponent is a foul. It disnae matter if the ball is in the vicinity or not. The way I see this one is that the defenders cleared the ball then deliberately stuck his studs into Kyle. Dangerous/ serious foul play. He knew what he was doin. Weak referee.

Deliberately kicking an opponent is a foul. It disnae matter if the ball is in the vicinity or not. The way I see this one is that the defenders cleared the ball then deliberately stuck his studs into Kyle. Dangerous/ serious foul play. He knew what he was doin. Weak referee.

We'll have to disagree. I thought it was accidental. Maybe i have to stop thinking all refs are c***s. Everything isn't so clear cut after all.

We'll have to disagree. I thought it was accidental. Maybe i have to stop thinking all refs are c***s. Everything isn't so clear cut after all.

But goin back to something on another thread said about our defenders bein too nice. Our guys would slide in and take a stud on the knee in this position. Other defenders take no prisoners and refs let it go. Who is right? But I would hazard a guess that if 1 of cowdens defenders did this and the other team go bananas its a pen.

But goin back to something on another thread said about our defenders bein too nice. Our guys would slide in and take a stud on the knee in this position. Other defenders take no prisoners and refs let it go. Who is right? But I would hazard a guess that if 1 of cowdens defenders did this and the other team go bananas its a pen.

You got me there but was there not a point on Saturday where a few Livi players were howling for a pen. One of them was jumping up and down and waving his arms about while screaming at the ref. should have been booked IMO so bleating about it doesn't necessarily get you the decision.

Archived