Politician Spotting

Scary Bear

I've seen Patrick Harvie cycling about the east end and city center a lot. 

He doesn't wear a bike helmet. Really should chin him for that 

Mandatory helmets were a terrible piece of leglislation which has severely impacted bike adoption in every country it's passed in. In a sane world we'd be looking to repeal that. For now, passive resistance is the noble approach.

Patrick gets his bikes from my mate, who also used to date Zara Kitson. The south side of Glasgow is baw-deep in two things: people from Ayr, and people in the Green Party. There's a significant overlap, again often at testicle level.

My GP back in Ayr was Dr Hans Pieper, husband to Dr Phillippa Whitford and also a raging Nat.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Sunday evening, while travelling back up to Scotland, I stopped at a down at heel Durham Services. Spotted a 55+ baldy, old guy with a 'Leav.EU' t-shirt. He was coming back from the bogs followed by a sprightly looking David Coburn, the UKIP MEP.

Mandatory helmets were a terrible piece of leglislation which has severely impacted bike adoption in every country it's passed in. In a sane world we'd be looking to repeal that. For now, passive resistance is the noble approach.

Where are you talking about resisting?
The UK doesn't have mandatory helmet laws.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Just spotted John Prescott going into Waverley Station in Edinburgh. Had a walking stick, out of breath, and generally looked a bit fucked.

And how did John Prescott look?

18 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Saw Jim Murphy at Silverburn last week with his son. Do failed politicians count?

If we're getting points for spotting failed politicians, I saw Graeme Cowie spouting hefto pedantic bollocks on P&B the other day.

I failed to recognise Brendan O'Hara MP the other night until I asked my mate "who's the bald guy beside Bob" (our local SNP convenor)

Apparently, Brendan had raised £3000+ for McMillan Cancer by taking part in their charity head-shaving event.

Still, I'm sure that the MSM will spin this as 'putting a barber out of a job' & 'promoting private medicine'. Just some more #SNPbad then...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So far this week at Waverley I've seen Lib Dem no-mark, Willie Rennie; Kirkcaldy MSP, David Torrance; and Henry McLeish going radge and telling a totally uninterested looking Scotrail employee that the train was "dangerously overcrowded!"

Must be shite to have been First Minister and now be as impotent as the rest of the proles on the train. Hopefully he was still fucking raging when he got home and wrote a snotty letter to Scotrail. That'll show them!

• 7 months later...

Archived