Preacher

jagfox

I see Seth Rogen and some other dudes have been given the go ahead for a Preacher pilot and probable series adaption by AMC.

Could/ Should be good.

I loved Preacher.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been a long time coming but episode one airs tonight in the States!!!

Should be available at the usual places tomorrow!!! ;)

Can't wait for Arseface!!!

Ok, that wasn't too bad, they appear to have built the "right" atmosphere around the characters, it's been a good few years since I've read the source material but they do appear to be keeping pretty straight with the storyline, from what I can recall anyway, so I'll be happy to follow this one and see where it takes me!!!

Any "This Is England" fans who have never heard of it should probably give it a go as it features another fine performance from Joseph "Woody" Gilgun who absolutely steals every scene he is in as Cassidy!!!

The only real disappointment for me was Arseface, his look has been soooo cleaned up for TV I think it has lost something, there's better cosplay versions on the Internet, closer to the look of the book, have a look and see the difference!!!

Will watch again!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the first two episodes over the weekend.  It's definitely enjoyable with the potential for a lot of stupid fun.

Cassidy and Tulip are both fucking excellent.

Tom Cruise - :lol:

Its a very decent show. First 3 episodes have been good.

As a fan of the books there are several areas where the TV show is going off in a different direction. The show also hasn't actually explained why Jesse has his ability yet. I have high hopes for the show but if they're introducing characters and plot slowly then the network needs to commit to it for multiple seasons to really do it justice.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Season 2 does indeed appear to be a doozy.

My jaw was on the floor in that opening ten minutes.  The whole episode was fucking tremendous.  Paying homage to it's roots, he whole episode had a comic book feel to it.

The whole cast were superb, but Joseph Gilgun just fucking nails it as Cassidy.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also battered my way through the Third Season at the weekend and thought it was excellent, I was worried that it was going to be stretched out a bit too much with the whole season being set in Angelville, as they weren't there that long in the books but it worked out lovely with nothing you could class as filler!!!

It's been a while since I've read them but were "The Tombs" a thing or were the just conjured up for the TV show, but even then that worked!!!

Herr Starr is the boy though, out of all the characters (even Cassidy) his is the most like the character you read in the books, it's just like he's been lifted out if them and been put on film, all the rest, as good as they are, all seem to have a bit of the actor in them, if you know what I mean but Pip Torrens who plays him, has just carbon copied the guy that was originally written down by Ennis and the show benefits from this immensely!!!

Really looking forward to the next one and if they have expanded it again and have the entire Season set in Masada but it is written to the same standard then I don't think there will be too many complaints!!!

IMG_4189.thumb.jpg.5951397d6abe161bb6a4f75038205aac.jpg

IMG_4190.jpg.816137dbe3c7b8a353f7751665fae3f2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived