Berwick v Clyde

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The result yesterday was terrible but for me the most disappointing aspect was the way the team just looked lost and had no sense of identity or any clue about what to do next. Of course the players have to take a certain level of responsibility, however, the manager for me is clueless and from week to week is changing the personnel, changing the shape of the team and totally binning certain players. Now is the turn of McQueen, with Marsh now back in the picture, he is an arrogant man with no clue on how to man manage a team. In a way he reminds me of Roy Keane, a top player who tries his hand at management but just cannot do the job.

Pick 10 teams struggling at the bottom of their leagues, not scoring goals, with an unproven manager, an unsettled team and zero morale. All other things being equal, how many of these sides will be smelling of roses at the end of the season if no action is taken by the clubs' boards?

The answer to that question is perhaps a fair indicator of whether you stick or twist.

Pick 10 teams struggling at the bottom of their leagues, not scoring goals, with an unproven manager, an unsettled team and zero morale. All other things being equal, how many of these sides will be smelling of roses at the end of the season if no action is taken by the clubs' boards?

The answer to that question is perhaps a fair indicator of whether you stick or twist.

Dortmund. Maybe your fans need to up their game.

Well irrespective of what you think should happen, if he's hauled out at the AGM tonight in front of what's likely to be a relatively benign audience, it indicates he'll probably be given a fair bit more time. Probably along the lines of giving him January to do whatever it is he thinks needs done, and then they'll monitor results from that point on for a period of time nobody's really sure about.

I doubt any Clyde supporters would hope anything other than he does manage to turn everything around, and at least avoids relegation. I still cannot understand how a man who was on record two years ago describing his fear of the dangers associated with the pyramid system coming into place - and understandably so - appointed an inexperienced manager the first year that system came in. While Moore knocked the job back, he surely couldn't have been the only experienced candidate. But whatever, get the white heather & rabbits' feet into the club show now.

Well irrespective of what you think should happen, if he's hauled out at the AGM tonight in front of what's likely to be a relatively benign audience, it indicates he'll probably be given a fair bit more time. Probably along the lines of giving him January to do whatever it is he thinks needs done, and then they'll monitor results from that point on for a period of time nobody's really sure about.

I doubt any Clyde supporters would hope anything other than he does manage to turn everything around, and at least avoids relegation. I still cannot understand how a man who was on record two years ago describing his fear of the dangers associated with the pyramid system coming into place - and understandably so - appointed an inexperienced manager the first year that system came in. While Moore knocked the job back, he surely couldn't have been the only experienced candidate. But whatever, get the white heather & rabbits' feet into the club show now.

i cant see ferguson turning up tonight, i reckon if he did things would just turn into a shouting match

i know im being greedy, but i just posted my letter 2 santa, i asked for 2 big presents this year, a new chairman and a new manager

and 2 the obvious snipers yes iv tried very hard 2 be funny and yes it took me 3 weeks 2 think that up and yes its the best i could do and next year i know i must try harder

brigtonclyde i dont kow u m8, but thanks for at least trying

Looks pretty obvious now that he is being given the January window to turn things around. If he is not there tonight I think even his biggest supporters would agree he has lost credibility with support. Realise it will be a very hard task for him to face us, but goes with the territory.

Chairman would also lose even more face should Barry be a no show. I also think that Boab should be there as well, but cant see that happening..even less rapore with the fans!

How this has changed since Charnley left, never thought I would be saying that>

i cant see ferguson turning up tonight, i reckon if he did things would just turn into a shouting match

i know im being greedy, but i just posted my letter 2 santa, i asked for 2 big presents this year, a new chairman and a new manager

and 2 the obvious snipers yes iv tried very hard 2 be funny and yes it took me 3 weeks 2 think that up and yes its the best i could do and next year i know i must try harder

brigtonclyde i dont kow u m8, but thanks for at least trying

I'm not sure it would be tonight, again taking into account the nature of those who'll be there. More Paxo than Paxman but dare say he'll be asked things along the lines of "are you confident of turning it around?" Can't see him saying "eh, no really" !

As for your last comment I'll save others the bother, yeah I know, "very trying"!

Aye, I'll lose sleep worryin about they types... lol

Relegation would see the lid finally come down, no question

Wasnt there on sat but once again not good reading....

My concern is Shire,Elgin and Annan will at some point go on a wee run of maybe 2-3-4 wins and draws, I just cant see us doing the same if necessary and worrying times...

Ferguson needs to act quickly and very wisely in Jan otherwise i dont fancy this lot been 5points behind 9th for example or winning a play off v Spartans/Brora

Wasnt there on sat but once again not good reading....

My concern is Shire,Elgin and Annan will at some point go on a wee run of maybe 2-3-4 wins and draws, I just cant see us doing the same if necessary and worrying times...

Ferguson needs to act quickly and very wisely in Jan otherwise i dont fancy this lot been 5points behind 9th for example or winning a play off v Spartans/Brora

Exactly. Add in the fact that Jim Weir has decent previous as a manager. The current run, the fact they've only won once at home & the nature of their performances adds to the difficulty of seeing it about to turn around any time soon

Can only assume those a little bit more optimistic are basing it on faith more than evidence.

But maybe when Marko, Ian McConnell & Alan Neill come in thatll stop the rot...

I still cannot understand how a man who was on record two years ago describing his fear of the dangers associated with the pyramid system coming into place - and understandably so - appointed an inexperienced manager the first year that system came in.

Aye, perhaps a strange one to appoint someone with almost no managerial experience whatsoever, unless the thinking was that the guy was going to be playing regularly.

The fear of the drop was one of the reasons that QP went for Gus. We needed someone to come in and sort out the considerable problems we had, and he was reckoned to be the best guy to do that. We were widely slated for his appointment due to his perceived style of play (and that wasn't really fair on him), but he's turned the club around with almost a complete new team, and we're playing some decent, if not particularly Barca-esque, football. Absolutely no one would have forecast that we'd be second, within touching distance of first place, well into the season. He's done a great job in persuading a decent level of player to come and play for us.

Archived