Inverness Caley Thistle v Partick Thistle

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is possible to be a complete diddy and successfully manage a football team. Such people are never aff the telly, usually chewing gum and struggling to string a sentence together.

Anyhoo, three points please, Archie.

We weren't creative enough on Saturday and I'd make quite a few changes for this one. I'd give wee McDaid his first start and put Lawless back in, giving us pace on the wings. I'd play Higgy in a free role, let him do whatever he wants similar to how we used Erskine a lot in the past. And hopefully big Frans is back although I thought Balatoni had a decent game at the weekend.

In - Frans, McMillan, Fraser, Lawless, McDaid.

Out - Balatoni, Carroll, Bannigan, Elliott, Craigen.

Gallacher

O'Donnell - Frans - Seaborne - McMillan

Fraser - Osman

Lawless - Higginbotham - McDaid

Stevenson

Subs - Fox, Balatoni, Bannigan, Wilson, Craigen, Elliott, Doolan.

That team should win by at least three.

This fact that this thread was started by a Clyde fan reminds me of the time that Partick Thistle fans turned up to our title deciding game with Clyde in 2004 supporting us because they thought we wouldn't get promoted. Of course, we went up much to the chagrin of the complete arsehole PTFC had a chairman back then, was his name Tom Hughes? Seems like a hundred years ago - we've finished above Thistle every season since then and haven't even played Clyde since that game.

Partick beat us handily in the game at Firhill in September, despite us taking the lead. We slipped up defensively in that match and couldn't contain some lively attackers particulary Higginbottom. I expect us to continue with the same XI that started against Dundee and St Mirren in the replay, I don't think Hughes will drop Vincent or Williams, which will leave Doran and Christie on the bench. As has been noted in several places, we have a very strong bench in terms of attacking talent - a lot of people would like to see Doran and Christie starting.

Frans being back would be a massive bonus. Balatoni didn't do that much wrong on Saturday but he still completely lost Miller for the Killie goal and Gallacher had to save.

I would be quite happy to see us shitfest this game to try and get a draw.

Shitfest > sideways passing but that would horrify the self-righteous WAT posters.

Partick beat us handily in the game at Firhill in September, despite us taking the lead. We slipped up defensively in that match and couldn't contain some lively attackers particulary Higginbottom. I expect us to continue with the same XI that started against Dundee and St Mirren in the replay, I don't think Hughes will drop Vincent or Williams, which will leave Doran and Christie on the bench. As has been noted in several places, we have a very strong bench in terms of attacking talent - a lot of people would like to see Doran and Christie starting.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Clyde :lol:

I have an okay feeling about this. I.C.T. 1 Thistle 2,

Low Quality Pub Team 3 Clyde 0

The Thistle boys should lay off the Nandos this week and load up on the carbs.

Archived