Big Eck

Elixir

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outstanding stuff. Shall bookmark your profile so I never miss another post.

Aye you do that mate, I'm surprised at you though, usually a decent read despite sometimes coming across as a bit of a loud mouth. but you scooted away snivelling after the ref with your tail between your legs, only to come back under another username, once you'd pulled yourself together, that's poor Confi

Hugely off topic, but I used to arrange deliveries and transport for a woman whose surname was Slammon (she would order utilities). Being an utter oddball I always printed Salmond as her surname on invoices and had her registered as Mrs A. Salmond on the database (until some jobsworth changed it).

• 2 weeks later...

Aye....considering you basically cheated your way to all of them using money which wasn't yours.

Come back and boast when you think of something your dead team won within its budget.

That excludes everything since 1984.

Ha ha ha, all snot and tears, pleasing.

Well that certainly seems to be the case at Ibrox right now.

On your earlier point Oakie, do you think that the Glazers funded their purchase of Man United with money that 'wasn't theirs' or Arsenal's use of EBT's to fund / incentivise their Invincible team of 2004 should see them stripped of the silverware they collected?

My club is on its arse right now, but we'll find a way back no doubt.

As for what we won before 1984, (if that's how you want to play it) still looks slightly more impressive, than what St Mirren have managed to achieve no?

On your earlier point Oakie, do you think that the Glazers funded their purchase of Man United with money that 'wasn't theirs' or Arsenal's use of EBT's to fund / incentivise their Invincible team of 2004 should see them stripped of the silverware they collected?

Yes to both questions. Doubt Glazers 'spent' a penny, barring flights over.

You're fighting a losing battle here - the entire English game is corrupt as is football at Champions League, Euros and World Cup level.

Couldn't care less about any of it.

Pre-1984 Rangers were nothing to be proud of. You'll remember that was the era where they had an anti-catholic policy. Players who were catholics had to be very careful. I'm old enough to remember the Mo Johnston thing. Grown men on the telly in tears burning scarves and talking about the betrayal of their club.

A club built on bigotry who then cheated their way to the majority of their trophies.

And you wonder why people are happy that club died 3 years ago?

Apologies for going off topic but a losing battle, don’t talk mince!

So you don’t care about other clubs ‘cheating’ just Rangers eh? Not Liverpool’s use of EBTs? (Should they be stripped of the 2005 Champions League Title?) How about Man City’s circumnavigation of UEFA financial regs on a £400m sponsorship deal by Sheikh Mansour on the naming rights of his own stadium? So long as it wasn’t Rangers eh?

Lord Nimmo Smith concluded that Rangers were guilty of misadministration of the EBT scheme (non-disclosure) and were fined accordingly. The club did not gain any competitive sporting advantage. UEFA the SFA and SPL seem happy with that, even Peter Liewell and his inner cabal haven’t managed to challenge the decision and prove otherwise as yet, so I doubt you will.

As for your point on Mo Johnston, why the f*ck bring that up again?

I too remember him signing and despite the hawkish hot heads outside Ibrox making good viewing for the evening news and subsequent headlines in the Daily Rags, they were not representative of the wider Rangers support.

Look at the reaction to Mo’s winner against his old club in the November of that year (for me at Ibrox matched perhaps only by Gough’s equaliser in an earlier 2-2 draw), and how Mo is welcomed back at Ibrox today (not so much on the other side of town though perhaps).

The Club and football in general has moved so far on since then, ( the 80's, a time when many British clubs were blighted with racism, intolerance and violence) and look how the likes of Albertz, Amoruso and Wee Nacho have since embraced the club, It’s people like you that won’t let it lie and just simply highlights your own prejudices and hatred of our club and its support.

Just out of interest are these some of the other ‘Catholics who had to be careful’ around Ibrox? :rolleyes:

Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918) and John Jackson (1917). Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992)

Apologies for going off topic but a losing battle, don’t talk mince!

So you don’t care about other clubs ‘cheating’ just Rangers eh? Not Liverpool’s use of EBTs? (Should they be stripped of the 2005 Champions League Title?) How about Man City’s circumnavigation of UEFA financial regs on a £400m sponsorship deal by Sheikh Mansour on the naming rights of his own stadium? So long as it wasn’t Rangers eh?

Lord Nimmo Smith concluded that Rangers were guilty of misadministration of the EBT scheme (non-disclosure) and were fined accordingly. The club did not gain any competitive sporting advantage. UEFA the SFA and SPL seem happy with that, even Peter Liewell and his inner cabal haven’t managed to challenge the decision and prove otherwise as yet, so I doubt you will.

As for your point on Mo Johnston, why the f*ck bring that up again?

I too remember him signing and despite the hawkish hot heads outside Ibrox making good viewing for the evening news and subsequent headlines in the Daily Rags, they were not representative of the wider Rangers support.

Look at the reaction to Mo’s winner against his old club in the November of that year (for me at Ibrox matched perhaps only by Gough’s equaliser in an earlier 2-2 draw), and how Mo is welcomed back at Ibrox today (not so much on the other side of town though perhaps).

The Club and football in general has moved so far on since then, ( the 80's, a time when many British clubs were blighted with racism, intolerance and violence) and look how the likes of Albertz, Amoruso and Wee Nacho have since embraced the club, It’s people like you that won’t let it lie and just simply highlights your own prejudices and hatred of our club and its support.

Just out of interest are these some of the other ‘Catholics who had to be careful’ around Ibrox? :rolleyes:

Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918) and John Jackson (1917). Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992)

There's only one club in Scotland that cheated to such an extent that their cheating ultimately caused their death. Dredging up any old English club that may have used EBTs does not do you any favours whatsoever. You beat my team in a final with a squad full of players that you had no right to be fielding.

Your team cheated and died and their tainted titles remain with the dead club. The tribute act is merely point and laugh material. I wouldn't even call it a football club.

Archived