Big Eck

Elixir

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's only one club in Scotland that were falsely accused of cheating to such an extent It played a crucial role in its demise. The fact that English clubs that used EBTs could afford to pay the Tax Man out of court (Arsenal) didn't do you any favours whatsoever. You hammered my team fair and square in a final with a squad of players that you had every right to be fielding.

But still I'll complain and claim your team cheated and died.

Fixed that for ya pal :) !!

OrangeBoab1690 losing his shit over his deed club in a thread about Alex Salmond is making for good reading

I did apologise for going off topic, but only made it in response. Hardly 'losing my shit'. :P

The username OrangeBoab1690 again just plays up to stereotype that you just cant let go of, but I'm sure would be the first to criticise In someone doing exactly the same but a different target.

Rangers FC

Founded in 1872

Became a business in 1899

Liquidated in 2012

The end :)

If that's all it takes to make you happy, then I'm fine with that.

It isn't me that continues to bring it up on here!

Actually it was you who brought it up.

You posted the following :- snapback.png

Some of us are here to remind you that your club is dead....despite what Doncaster said today.

As said above if that's all it takes to make you happy then knock yerself out. I still follow Rangers FC despite what a group of opposing fans on a website think.

The reference to Big Eck (McLeish being 60 yrs old) was clearly tongue in cheek, that brought about a predictable response, ''your club's dead, cheating bassas'' etc etc, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwnnnnnnn ZZzzzzz!!

If that's all it takes to make you happy, then I'm fine with that.

It isn't me that continues to bring it up on here!

The demise of old Rangers and the turmoil of the new one do not make me happy. It's very very funny. No more, no less. The fact that it's the staunchest of staunch such as Ally, Watty and the kit man that are creaming it in the most makes it even funnier.

On your earlier point Oakie, do you think that the Glazers funded their purchase of Man United with money that 'wasn't theirs' or Arsenal's use of EBT's to fund / incentivise their Invincible team of 2004 should see them stripped of the silverware they collected?

^^^ idiot found.

They got demoted to the bottom division, didn't you notice?

No, they are still competing in the English Premiership, Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup and FL Cup. Read the thread back unless you're just being an arsehole on purpose? Then fair enough!

The crowds will return once we've got rid of the likes of the Sleasedales and the club is back on a stable financial footing. We will see how things develop with King and Ashley but I don't think any of us are expecting miracles, certainly not this season. I don't care if it takes 5 years, we would just like our club back, and to watch a team being managed and playing properly. Not the shite we've been served up over the last 3 seasons. Competing with Cel*ic, Aberdeen or Dundee Utd etc isn't on the radar at the moment. We need to build again slowly but with solid foundations, on and off the pitch, only then will we be back in the mix. Until then, Follow we will.

That is not why fans aren't turning up.

They aren't turning up because they are not winning games and when they DO win games they are plodding their way to victory 9 times out of 10.

TBH I'm surprised it took 2 years for this to happen.

This has nothing to do with financial mismanagement now.

The club are on the verge of another administration for the simple reason that the fans walked away at the time the club needed them most.

Apparently 30,000 are needed to break even.

Where are the hordes of 50,000 who boasted they'd turn up through thick and thin? If all those guys were turning up the club would be surviving this comfortably.

I remember the days of 15,000 at Ibrox. Only the David Murray era of vastly overspending turned that around.

There is no money to do that now so what will entice fans back?

You are just another Motherwell, Inverness, Kilmarnock now but with a vastly bigger expenditure and not enough fans to service it so how do you get above those teams again?

I don't see where you are getting your optimism from.

Forgive me, but as a Rangers supporter of over 35 years I hope I might have a better insight than you into the views of our support and their reasons for staying away in droves. I will admit however that some non-Bears (or closet Bears) on P&B do have an amazing knowledge of the club.

If it was simply about results why did so many fans fail to renew their season books after an unbeaten season in league one last year? Many had made up their minds long before back to back defeats by Hearts & Hibs this season, being given a Friday night lesson at Queens or another embarrassing cup defeat, this time at the hands of Alloa.

Granted some will stay away when we’re not winning but isn’t that the same with any club at any level?

Mismanagement of the club has everything to do with falling attendances, the fans are sick of getting f*cked over by people who don’t give a shite about Rangers FC. You say they walked away when the club needed them most, the board spunked over £70million in 2 years whilst we were still pulling crowds of 45k plus, and trying to support the share issue to the tune of £22 million, where did it all go? Is it any wonder many of the fans decided on a ‘not a penny more’ stance, I don’t blame them at all!

The money was lining the pockets of an infamous group of opportunist chancers during this sorry mess; it was certainly not used to save the club.

The club does need to cut its cloth accordingly with a proper wage structure in place (for all personnel) that reflects the level we are currently competing in and taking into account reduced revenues.

Then there are those who have just had enough of watching overpaid journey-men turn out every week to serve up some of the worst football we’ve ever seen at Ibrox under a Manager who was unfortunately clearly out of his depth. A couple of people I know through our SC have wasted their ST’s on this count and done something else on a Saturday.

The days of pulling in crowds of 50K may still be some years off, but the core support will return once the club has been cleansed from top to bottom (our away support is still holding up have you noticed?).

I’m old enough to remember gates of less than 10,000 inside Ibrox under John Grieg, but still attendances that would dwarf the support that Motherwell, Kilmarnock & ICT draw today. Your comparison is born of attempted ridicule nothing else. I would swap their places in the SPL with them in a breath though.

The support of this club is still strong enough to get us back on track, despite the knocks we’ve taken over the last few years. This is where my optimism comes from, you don’t follow Rangers, so couldn’t possibly comprehend that !!

Follow Follow

Forgive me, but as a Rangers supporter of over 35 years I hope I might have a better insight than you into the views of our support and their reasons for staying away in droves. I will admit however that some non-Bears (or closet Bears) on P&B do have an amazing knowledge of the club.

If it was simply about results why did so many fans fail to renew their season books after an unbeaten season in league one last year? Many had made up their minds long before back to back defeats by Hearts & Hibs this season, being given a Friday night lesson at Queens or another embarrassing cup defeat, this time at the hands of Alloa.

Granted some will stay away when were not winning but isnt that the same with any club at any level?

Mismanagement of the club has everything to do with falling attendances, the fans are sick of getting f*cked over by people who dont give a shite about Rangers FC. You say they walked away when the club needed them most, the board spunked over £70million in 2 years whilst we were still pulling crowds of 45k plus, and trying to support the share issue to the tune of £22 million, where did it all go? Is it any wonder many of the fans decided on a not a penny more stance, I dont blame them at all!

The money was lining the pockets of an infamous group of opportunist chancers during this sorry mess; it was certainly not used to save the club.

The club does need to cut its cloth accordingly with a proper wage structure in place (for all personnel) that reflects the level we are currently competing in and taking into account reduced revenues.

Then there are those who have just had enough of watching overpaid journey-men turn out every week to serve up some of the worst football weve ever seen at Ibrox under a Manager who was unfortunately clearly out of his depth. A couple of people I know through our SC have wasted their STs on this count and done something else on a Saturday.

The days of pulling in crowds of 50K may still be some years off, but the core support will return once the club has been cleansed from top to bottom (our away support is still holding up have you noticed?).

Im old enough to remember gates of less than 10,000 inside Ibrox under John Grieg, but still attendances that would dwarf the support that Motherwell, Kilmarnock & ICT draw today. Your comparison is born of attempted ridicule nothing else. I would swap their places in the SPL with them in a breath though.

The support of this club is still strong enough to get us back on track, despite the knocks weve taken over the last few years. This is where my optimism comes from, you dont follow Rangers, so couldnt possibly comprehend that !!

Follow Follow

^^^ Word salad IMO

I wonder if RedRob72 will put an equal level of effort into boycotting Scotland when the union dies as well.

Lets hope so.

Your reputation and credibility are both completely shot on here Comedius, your posts are no longer worth a measured response, goodnight.

Yes I'm sure Motherwell, Kilmarnock and ICT would love attendances of 10,000 but they haven't built a financial model which absolutely depends on 30,000 to 35,000 coming in through the gates. As it is, you chosen 3 clubs running with no real debt and compared them to a regime so badly run that it requires an almost full stadium every match to stay afloat. Odd choice.

That was another loss for Sevco this week against Dumbarton with only 30,000 there.

Is the plan of the fans to speed up the cleansing of your club by cutting off the supply of money, entering administration and hoping for another OldCo/NewCo wheeze because it certainly looks that way from the outside?

The Daily Record talking about Sevco being days away from admin.

Read my post again, I indicated that the club would have to build a new financial model ( cut its cloth accordingly, with reduced incomes) no? I used ICT, Well and Killie as the examples YOU chose as comparable clubs. Should be an interesting week ahead, but don't believe everything you read in the f*ckin Daily Record, do people still buy that rag ??

Archived