The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries

kiddy

An excellent dramatisation of the events surrounding the murder investigation, following the disappearance of Joanna Yeates, in Bristol, during the Christmas of 2010 and the subsequent haranguing of her landlord by the media.

I just watched Part One on catch-up. Absolutely shocking treatment of him by the police, as his solicitor made clear there was no evidence against him and he was clearly innocent. The actor playing Jeffries did a great job. I'm glad they included the footage of the headmaster of his old school as real as well, what a simpering little p***k.

Edit - Private Eye had a piece a few weeks back stating that some of the pivotal scenes, in relation to the Leveson Enquiry are fictional and didn't happen. I think Ian Hislop was asked to appear in part two but declined as he didn't meet Jeffries.

I just watched Part One on catch-up. Absolutely shocking treatment of him by the police, as his solicitor made clear there was no evidence against him and he was clearly innocent. The actor playing Jeffries did a great job. I'm glad they included the footage of the headmaster of his old school as real as well, what a simpering little p***k.

Edit - Private Eye had a piece a few weeks back stating that some of the pivotal scenes, in relation to the Leveson Enquiry are fictional and didn't happen. I think Ian Hislop was asked to appear in part two but declined as he didn't meet Jeffries.

It was made clear at the start, that it was a dramatisation of a real event. I suppose you could file it in the same catagory as "the Damned United".

Still a worthy watch, at how abysmally treated the 'nearest oddball' was, by both the local Police & national media.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived