Question Time

Elixir

20 hours ago, Antlion said:

This is what intrigues me. You're a troll. You admit this. You post here in order to derive some kind of enjoyment and/or pleasure from provoking negative reactions. What *is* the pleasure in that? The phenomena of what things like you do and why you do it interests me. I'm more curious as to what people with your bizarre tastes would have done before the advent of the Internet. Poison pen letters to strangers? Graffiti? I doubt you even are the staunch British Nationalist you posit yourself as. If this forum was mainly pro-Scottish regionalism you'd no doubt be a raging Scottish nationalist. It's all about winding other people up and getting away with it through anonymity.

There's probably a good psychology thesis waiting to be written on the mindset of what leads people to troll the Internet trying to garner negative attention. I doubt it would reflect well on the subjects.

Again thank you for the tasteless word salad. I get enjoyment from exposing pseudo intellectuals.  

Even your savorless, vinaigrette inference to british nationalism is absurd and holds no resonance as no such nation exists? 

Do you get it yet?

Edited by hehawhehaw

I've not watched Question Time for a while but had planned on watching it tonight, post Trump. However now I see that utter idiot Abbot is on I'm not so sure.

Can almost guarantee she will peddle the lazy 'this is a rejection of the status quo and a system that doesn't work for ordinary people' myth.

48 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Liz Truss and Diane Abbot on tonight.

Wonder if Trump will get mentioned?

ffs, I've had shits with views that are more valid than Dianne Abbot', hopefully she gets TELT.

Edited by ayrmad

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Any idea who else is on?

This is all I can find :

David Dimbleby chairs the debate from Southend-on-Sea, where panellists include Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice Liz Truss, Shadow Health Secretary Diane Abbott and actor-comedian Omid Djalili.

This is all I can find :

David Dimbleby chairs the debate from Southend-on-Sea, where panellists include Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice Liz Truss, Shadow Health Secretary Diane Abbott and actor-comedian Omid Djalili.

Cheers, Abbott & Truss probably reason enough to give it a miss tonight then.

8 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I've not watched Question Time for a while but had planned on watching it tonight, post Trump. However now I see that utter idiot Abbot is on I'm not so sure.

Can almost guarantee she will peddle the lazy 'this is a rejection of the status quo and a system that doesn't work for ordinary people' myth.

Well, tbf the present system doesn't really work for the ordinary people.

What they don't realise unfortunately, is that it will be 100 times worse under Trump. 

There certainly won't be much in the way of free health care for them.

Expect to hear this:

Liz Truss will say "We must respect the result of this election" as in "Oh for f** sake.  Americans are so bloody stupid"

Diane Abbot will say "I am just worried what a Trump presidency will actually mean."

Also expect some angry member of the audience to link it to Brexit and say that ordinary people are fed up with the political elite, it's time they started solving the problems that we have today and stop mucking about.

.. and of course the cool non-politician will say "America, what were you thinking?" and get a big cheer.

4 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Expect to hear this:

Liz Truss will say "We must respect the result of this election" as in "Oh for f** sake.  Americans are so bloody stupid"

Diane Abbot will say "I am just worried what a Trump presidency will actually mean."

Also expect some angry member of the audience to link it to Brexit and say that ordinary people are fed up with the political elite, it's time they started solving the problems that we have today and stop mucking about.

.. and of course the cool non-politician will say "America, what were you thinking?" and get a big cheer.

I think you've probably saved us all an hour.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Expect to hear this:

:lol:

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing you might have watched this programme before.

Funnily enough jmo both things you've just decried as myths are spot on.  It's obviously a rejection of a status quo that doesn't work for many people and sanders would have won. You really are comically deluded and hafe a hatredfor left wing polities Both those things are entirely obvious and the first without question. 

Edited by Peppino Impastato

11 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I also expect Diane Abbot to claim that Bernie Sanders would have won.

This is probaly the election year that Sanders would/could have won.  Would not have won 4/8 years ago and probably by 2020 the people of the U.S. will have been put off a the idea of a 'change' candidate.

I am astounded to think that after this result you really think Sanders' election was not a strong possibility.  It's like you've looked at what has happened and absorbed nothing.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This is probaly the election year that Sanders would/could have won.  Would not have won 4/8 years ago and probably by 2020 the people of the U.S. will have been put off a the idea of a 'change' candidate.

I am astounded to think that after this result you really think Sanders' election was not a strong possibility.  It's like you've looked at what has happened and absorbed nothing.

Hilary lost a lot of the key swing states too, areas where apparently Sanders was quite popular. Ultimately Hilary failed to turn votes to electoral college seats as effectively as Trump and if Sanders had an appeal in those states he'd have come closer to winning, or would've managed to win. Hard to imagine someone doing a poorer job than Clinton did in the end.