Question Time

Elixir

9 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Has this lad forgotten what a tip his country is?!

8 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Hellhole of a place.

That's clearly the EU's fault. If it wasn't for the EU, its non-British criminals, and its dastardly rules on banana sales and one-size-fit-all johnnies, Hartlepool would be a booming wonderland. It was well on its way to that before the blessed UK was forced to turn it into a neglected, impoverished region of the European superstate. Nothing to do with UK policy, because the EU controls all.

Edited by Antlion

10 minutes ago, iknowwheremaddieis said:

When said Polish woman was screaming lies at her it's fair enough to correct her imo.

Regardless of whether it's lies (which it isn't), very few parties would have representatives who deem it acceptable to shout down members of the public during a debate. UKIP are one of those parties, however feel free to defend the racist slob.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No, it was a ukip thing I'd never seen before but she looked like she was about 75% wagon wheels.

I reserve the right to use this phrase in future.

19 minutes ago, iknowwheremaddieis said:

When said Polish woman was screaming lies at her it's fair enough to correct her imo.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Regardless of whether it's lies (which it isn't), very few parties would have representatives who deem it acceptable to shout down members of the public during a debate. UKIP are one of those parties, however feel free to defend the racist slob.

Don't bother engaging with wee Donny. He's an attention-seeking troll.

Andrew Neill and Suzanne Evans conceding that UKIP is an English party: the latter condemned Thornberry for disliking the English flag, and the former asked if Evans and Nuttall would lead UKIP jointly on a "North-South ticket" (unless he thinks Nuttal would represent Scotland, as North UK).

13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

She said 52% of the public voted to remove Polish people from the country, unfounded nonsense. The Brexit campaign was very clear that we wanted control of immigration, not an end to immigration and certainly not to remove people that already lived here. Maybe the way Lisa answered her back was a bit unprofessional but I think most people would struggle to contain themselves when these lies are being shouted at you.

6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Don't bother engaging with wee Donny. He's an attention-seeking troll.

"Everyone who disagrees with me is a troll", bore off. 

It was quite harrowing, but the audience probably reflected the leave/remain vote. Quite telling that there seemed to be an overwhelming number of leave/zoomer/sendthemback/TheyTookUrJaaabs questions but when Yanis spoke, there was a fair bit of applause too. Like the biscuit favouring Ukipper maybe they were just a bit loud.

eez.png

38 minutes ago, iknowwheremaddieis said:

She said 52% of the public voted to remove Polish people from the country, unfounded nonsense. The Brexit campaign was very clear that we wanted control of immigration, not an end to immigration and certainly not to remove people that already lived here. Maybe the way Lisa answered her back was a bit unprofessional but I think most people would struggle to contain themselves when these lies are being shouted at you.

"Everyone who disagrees with me is a troll", bore off. 

The brexit campaign wasn't clear on that at all. In fact, they weren't clear on anything as different factions of the campaign had different ideas. That's why they're all squabbling now over what Brexit should mean for the UK, because they never had any plan to begin with. Regardless of how Brexit plays out, a majority of the UK will be left seriously unhappy with the outcome.

8 hours ago, iknowwheremaddieis said:

She said 52% of the public voted to remove Polish people from the country, unfounded nonsense.

She did not say 52% wanted to remove Polish people.
She said she felt she was no longer wanted by 52% of the population.
Current rhetoric has created a stigma to somebody being foreign.

Greg Clark, Keir Starmer, Sarah Brinton, Ken Loach, Dia Chakravarty on tonight.

So that's 2 folk I've heard of without googling.

Post google edit: I have seen Dia Chakravarty before though. Just didn't recognise the name. Greg Clark and Sarah Brinton are nonentities though.

Edited by Suspect Device

33 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:
  Greg Clark, Keir Starmer, Sarah Brinton, Ken Loach, Dia Chakravarty on tonight.

So that's 2 folk I've heard of without googling.

Post google edit: I have seen Dia Chakravarty before though. Just didn't recognise the name. Greg Clark and Sarah Brinton are nonentities though.

I didn't know them either!

Greg Clark is minister for industry and Brinton gets two hundred quid a day for turning up at the Lords. Who knew?!

Another brexit shitfest beckons in any case.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Brexit will be flavour of the night with the news that Nissan are to invest more in Sunderland. No one of course, especially Greg Clark, will be prepared to say just what kind of a sweetener they have been offered or how much will have to be offered to every other car manufacturer in the UK to keep them happy.

Sunderland voted massively for Brexit.