Question Time

Elixir

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Well, aye. Nobody in the world thinks you have an obligation to give up on an objective after losing a vote on it. Labour didn't fold because they lost the 2015 GE, Hillary Clinton didn't give up seeking the Democratic presidential nomination after losing to Obama in 2008 and nobody expects them too. Apart from unionists when it comes to the SNP and independence.

What has this to do with your original post?  Labour didn't lose the vote on Devolution, they caused the outcome.  Without the 40% criteria, the 1979 referendum would have led to devolution.  Labour didn't have an objective of devolution for Scotland until Blair thought that it would be a good idea.  Even he has subsequently stated that he thinks it was a mistake that he did not do enough to keep independence off the agenda.

Pi is ignoring me but he will read my post anyway and pretend he didn't...

Being "sectarian" is not pejorative. It has only become associated with being negative due to the common usage in Scotland.
Of course they are sectarian! The band belong to one particular sect just like the Roman Catholic Church is sectarian, the Muslim council of Britain is sectarian...

They're also called "defenders" usually as they are named after small organisations that formed in local/ rural areas in Ulster to protect communities from attacks from Ribbon men in the turn of the 18th-19th century.

I thought the war in Northern Ireland started because said "defenders" started burning Catholics out their homes ?

Rob the whole thing is sectarian you bigot, it's a bigoted organisation in support of a bigoted cause,  everything about them their existence beliefs and values is sectarian.   Tell us what they'rethey're defending the shank hill Road from anyway

Has it taken you THAT long, just to come back with that pish, yet still unable to answer the question? You know f*ck all Fuzzy my friend.
It's the Shankill Road btw.

I thought the war in Northern Ireland started because said "defenders" started burning Catholics out their homes ?

You don't think that at the same time (the start of the troubles) there wasn't was an organised pogrom to displace Protestants from their homes, especially those small enclaves that were surrounded by Nationalist areas? Defence Vigilantes were set up on BOTH side of the divide, in attempt to stop this. Neither side felt there was adequate protection from the security forces to deal with attacks themselves.

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

You don't think that at the same time (the start of the troubles) there wasn't was an organised pogrom to displace Protestants from their homes, especially those small enclaves that were surrounded by Nationalist areas? Defence Vigilantes were set up on BOTH side of the divide, in attempt to stop this. Neither side felt there was adequate protection from the security forces to deal with attacks themselves.

TBH mate, no-one gives a f**k about a bunch o' clowns that use religion to drive their hatred. 

Edited by strichener

TBH mate, no-one gives a f**k about a bunch o' clowns that use religion to drive their hatred. 

I agree completely Strichener, I was just trying to provide some balance. It's usually Fuzzy that seem's intent on heading down this route, every time I post. It's a bit of a pain in the arse tbh. It's just going over old ground.