Question Time

Elixir

"Authoritative sources"

Like who? The DaIly Mail? The Daily Express? The Sun?...... Basically all of the sources that don't actually back up anything they say, but people like you are idiodic enough to believe anyway.

Aye mate all my learning is from tabloid newspapers.....

Need to try picking up one of these books on the subject from my book shelf and learn something....IMG_1480164953.285128.jpgIMG_1480164966.360338.jpg

I've never disputed the UDA got intelligence for targets from the security services or police. That is firmly established as the case.
You said that they chose targets for no other reason than their religion- which was not true.
I'm not sticking up for any such organisation either. Just pointing out your ill informed rubbish.

You did dispute it by questioning the source, and it is indisputable they did target people purely for being Catholic.   Not surprised a bigot like you defending them though.   Last time I read a post of yours.

You said you'd blocked me the last time and you still keep reading- you'll read this.

You claimed the state identified most of their targets and they were targeted for religious purposes because you want to portray the state as being motivated by sectarianism.

They got info from security services. That's widely accepted and common knowledge.

The security services didn't pass them information on people identified because of their religion. You don't come to the attention of security services because of your religion.

They did target people because they were catholic. These people were NOT identified by the security services.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 17:51, RedRob72 said:

Yep, fair point but even taking that into account (greater number of U.K. Visitors to Europe) the deficit surely wouldn't be over 15 times as much paid (£) out than received back into the Treasury's coffers?

It's still a huge discrepancy no?

It is a huge discrepancy but that's the problem with papers that run with their own agenda, they splash pish as headlines without reporting the realities. We don't know the true figures as no one has looked into the numbers properly and reported the actual facts. What we need is for someone to look into the numbers, ages and cost of treatments before we can really say what is the cost(or not) to us as a whole. That unfortunately is unlikely to happen.

Aye mate all my learning is from tabloid newspapers.....

Need to try picking up one of these books on the subject from my book shelf and learn something....IMG_1480164953.285128.jpgIMG_1480164966.360338.jpg

A couple more to add, which I can't see, 'The Red Hand' written by Steve Bruce, & The RUC by Chris Ryder, both good reads if you haven't come across them already mate?

No mate. Read a few of Steve Bruce's but- excellent. Not heard of the second one. I've not read a book on that subject for years though. Probably never will.

'The Troubles' written by Tim Pat Coogan (Arrow 1995) also a decent read mate. Perhaps deliberately provocative, but still a fine book.[emoji6]

'The Troubles' written by Tim Pat Coogan (Arrow 1995) also a decent read mate. Perhaps deliberately provocative, but still a fine book.[emoji6]

I read his book on the IRA years ago and had a few others such as Michael stones autobiography but the kind of clientele that I loan these books to are the type that are not that on the ball when it comes to getting them returned.
That blanketmen book by Richard o'rawe is a great book written from the republican perspective. Changes your perceptions of things- the Sinn Fein leadership don't come out of it too well right enough.

I read his book on the IRA years ago and had a few others such as Michael stones autobiography but the kind of clientele that I loan these books to are the type that are not that on the ball when it comes to getting them returned.
That blanketmen book by Richard o'rawe is a great book written from the republican perspective. Changes your perceptions of things- the Sinn Fein leadership don't come out of it too well right enough.

Aye mate, 'Blanketmen' is a cracking read, if only they knew what we know now eh!?