Question Time

Elixir

Yes - as long as Scotland is a region and we're discussing reserved matters, I will continue to ask why a country should be bound by the decisions of another country (which you never actually answer, other than screeching "cos the YOONYUN"!). It is especially relevant to question this lopsided, antiquated system when a major decision is coming up in which Scotland's voice will be a minority.

Apologies if you don't like being reminded that you actively support Scotland being "Country B" in that analogy, bound by the electoral decisions of the larger "Country A".

You continue with that question mate, you're not going to get the answer through this Ref though no matter how long you continue to drone.

I don't think I've ever screamed 'cos the YOONYUN' on any issue on here btw, but so long as it suits your 'lopsided' view on anyone one who voted No in 2014, we'll let it ride.

You continue with that question mate, you're not going to get the answer through this Ref though no matter how long you continue to drone.

I don't think I've ever screamed 'cos the YOONYUN' on any issue on here btw, but so long as it suits your 'lopsided' view on anyone one who voted No in 2014, we'll let it ride.

Of course not. Because you have not one single good reason why a country in need of more people should have its immigration policy decided by a country which wants to curb immigration.

Which makes it strange for you to click "reply" to that question, when you have neither the ability nor the intention of addressing it.

And yet you still don't get it, we vote on the EU as a United Kingdom (we agreed to that in Sept 2014). This vote isn't about Scotland's relationship with Europe on Immigration policy or any other single issue. You can continue to stamp your feet in disagreement but I imagine that you will feel even more frustrated and exasperated come June, if this is your take on every debatable point with regards to EU Membership. A second Ref in Scotland will undoubtedly happen, I still think it's some way off though. In the meantime the question of EU In/Out is the focus on what is best for Britain. That's the deal, sorry.

And yet you still don't get it, we vote on the EU as a United Kingdom (we agreed to that in Sept 2014). This vote isn't about Scotland's relationship with Europe on Immigration policy or any other single issue. You can continue to stamp your feet in disagreement but I imagine that you will feel even more frustrated and exasperated come June, if this is your take on every debatable point with regards to EU Membership. A second Ref in Scotland will undoubtedly happen, I still think it's some way off though. In the meantime the question of EU In/Out is the focus on what is best for Britain. That's the deal, sorry.

And it doesn't hurt to underline the fact that Scotland makes up a minority of "Britain", and thus its national voice can be ignored. The price of regionalism is being a minority of a larger entity, the issues of which may be irrelevant or contrary to Scotland's needs, yet which will Scotland's future. #bettertogether

And it doesn't hurt to underline the fact that Scotland makes up a minority of "Britain", and thus its national voice can be ignored. The price of regionalism is being a minority of a larger entity, the issues of which may be irrelevant or contrary to Scotland's needs, yet which will Scotland's future. #bettertogether

Not at all, it is a UK issue within a a UK referendum in June. I am sure that both you and I can see the benefits of a migrant workforce, my point is that the proper structure needs to be in place to support people who want to come and settle here for work and residency, in an independent Scotland or as a continuing and integral part of the UK. Until that happens, surely it makes sense to have robust controls in place to manage the process.

I have no idea why you continually wish to isolate Scotland's position and role within the current political framework of the UK?

Not at all, it is a UK issue within a a UK referendum in June. I am sure that both you and I can see the benefits of a migrant workforce, my point is that the proper structure needs to be in place to support people who want to come and settle here for work and residency, in an independent Scotland or as a continuing and integral part of the UK. Until that happens, surely it makes sense to have robust controls in place to manage the process.

I have no idea why you continually wish to isolate Scotland's position and role within the current political framework of the UK?

Which Scotland has no say in. You must be so proud.

I think the "current political framework" of the UK is unacceptable, and I think it would be unacceptable for any country (which is underscored by your refusal/inability to identify any country which in a union which gives the choice of its sovereign governments to another country).

If that's not what you mean, perhaps you can explain what you mean by "isolating Scotland's position and role within the current UK political framework"? As I read that, it suggests that in order for Scotland to have a say in government, it must somehow predict what governments England will put in charge, and elect MPs from that party in the hopes that they might take part in policy-making. That's just mental.

Which Scotland has no say in. You must be so proud.

I think the "current political framework" of the UK is unacceptable, and I think it would be unacceptable for any country (which is underscored by your refusal/inability to identify any country which in a union which gives the choice of its sovereign governments to another country).

If that's not what you mean, perhaps you can explain what you mean by "isolating Scotland's position and role within the current UK political framework"? As I read that, it suggests that in order for Scotland to have a say in government, it must somehow predict what governments England will put in charge, and elect MPs from that party in the hopes that they might take part in policy-making. That's just mental.

We have 59 MPs in Westminster which offers a voice in roughly the same proportion (MPs to electorate) as any other part of the U.K. I haven't refused to identify anything at all, I welcome and embrace our place and say in how the Union works, it's not up to me to prove how that chosen position is granted or denied in other parts of the world. This referendum is relevant to Britain's place in Europe. You either engage and involve or abandon and ignore. That's also your choice.

We have 59 MPs in Westminster which offers a voice in roughly the same proportion (MPs to electorate) as any other part of the U.K. I haven't refused to identify anything at all, I welcome and embrace our place and say in how the Union works, it's not up to me to prove how that chosen position is granted or denied in other parts of the world. This referendum is relevant to Britain's place in Europe. You either engage and involve or abandon and ignore. That's also your choice.

And 58 of those Scottish MP's voted NOT to bomb ISIS in Syria last December yet the Scottish voice was ignored.

This of course happens in every vote regarding the outside world.

It's English politicians who decide Scotland's friends & enemies.

Is that how you 'welcome and embrace our place and say in how the Union works'.

And 58 of those Scottish MP's voted NOT to bomb ISIS in Syria last December yet the Scottish voice was ignored.

"But Scotland voted to be outvoted on reserved matters - embrace it" seems to be the embattled regionalists' only defence.

My voice was also ignored. I'm English. My MP voted for it.

No. I am a real person. A country is a man made concept.

And so you recognise the clear difference between a country in a political union having its national voice, as expressed by virtually all its elected representatives ignored, and you as a private individual having your voice ignored?

I'm sure there were just as many people in Eng, Wales and Norn Iron who also opposed. We didn't vote to take these matters into our own hands however, we decided we wanted to remain part of the collective Union. Stamping your feet on anything and everything the Nationalists oppose achieves nothing! That Ship has sailed, it will be a while before it returns to port.